Office Administrative Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Office Administrative Assistant is a full-time hourly in-office position. The Office Administrative Assistant’s primary responsibility is to efficiently and accurately complete assigned tasks.
This position reports to the Administrative and Development Manager and provides auxiliary support to the Executive Assistant, President and other Officers of the organization.
The Office Administrative Assistant is at all times to cultivate a mission-oriented administrative culture driven by a commitment to saving critically endangered orangutans and their tropical rainforest home.
This position is based in the west Los Angeles / Santa Monica area in California. The hours for this position are from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM, with a one-hour unpaid lunchbreak and two paid fifteen-minute breaks; one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Wages are hourly and commensurate with experience, with a performance review and salary increase occurring at the end of a probationary period.
Role & Responsibilities:
Data Entry – 75%
- Entering donor donation information into proprietary database
- Normalize existing information stored in the current data base
- Building and updating customer mailing list information for email and post delivery
- Process donor maintenance requests in a timely manner
Customer Service – 25%
- Process customer orders within 7 days of receipt, which includes but is not limited to packaging and shipping of merchandise
- Answer incoming calls and emails and direct inquiries to the appropriate personnel
- Minimum 2-Years clerical experience required
- Minimum 2-Years customer service
- Strong typing and ten-key by touch accuracy
- Basic software proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- The ideal candidate must work well with others and able to work independently, in addition to managing multiple tasks and prioritize
- Able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize tasks appropriately
- The ideal candidate should have a passion for conservation, animal welfare and environmental activism.
- Finally, the successful candidate will have a clear understanding of OFI’s history, mission, ongoing projects and campaigns, and peripheral issues.
Benefits & Compensation
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage paid at 100%
Orangutan Foundation InternationalWhy Work Here?
OFI is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the conservation of wild orangutans and the Bornean Rainforest Habitat
AddressLos Angeles, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Orangutan Foundation International