Why is This a Great Opportunity?
85-100K plus bonus
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Orthodontia, Vision, AD&D, Life, Flexible Spending Acct, 401k w/company match, Paid holidays, vacation, sick days. Insurance is 90/10 coverage with $250/$500 deductible (Single/Family). Employee bi-weekly contribution of $26/$56 (Single/Family). Free on-site medical clinic for employees and dependents.
Relocation: Company will pay for the move of household goods and 30 days of temporary housing
Under the general supervision of the Corporate Director of QA, and the direct supervision of the Plant Manager, plans, coordinates, and directs quality control program designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards.
Is responsible for ensuring that our Environmental Management System is established, implemented and maintained. Will represent the needs of the customer in internal functions in addressing TS16949 requirements for Setting Quality Objectives. Working from written and verbal instructions performs the following duties:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product to meet customer requirements.
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with production manager to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Directs, through intermediate personnel, workers engaged in inspections and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Ensure quality level awareness through quality meetings that include scrap & rework data and Cp/Cpk review.
- Review reject area to reduce quantity & obtain quick turnaround.
- Audit dock audit procedures as required.
- Work with AQP Teams in the development of process control points & operating ranges.
- Design & Implement Cp/Cpk tracking system.
- Participate in planning for process control training for all plant personnel including Cp/Cpk.
- Develops and maintains supplier quality audits to ensure all suppliers meet or exceed our quality requirements, track & report where necessary.
- Meet with vendors, customers, and company personnel to discuss and resolve quality issues as required.
- Prepares for and represents the company during all Q1, TQE, and other customer audits.
- Ensure all ISIR's are correct and on time per customer requirements.
- Prepares all necessary reports as required by customers and staff personnel.
- Plans, promotes and organizes training activities related to product quality and reliability, and the development of all QC personnel.
- Follow-up customer concerns and ensure corrective action is designed & implemented with all necessary documentation.
- Concerning plant quality issues, authorize to stop jobs, inform quality supervisor, call material review board meeting, make disposition.
- Has authority to establish the duties and responsibilities for positions reporting to that position.
- May coordinate implementation of TS16949 requirements.
- (a). Assist with developing and conducting audits as appropriate.
- Lead and support LTA, MOS and Continuous Improvement programs.
- Performs other essential functions as assigned.
Preferred bachelor’s degree or equivalent with ten years' experience, preferably in an automotive environment.
MAJOR PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
The employee is required to stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, bend to the floor, exert 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or exert up to 10 pounds of force frequently. Visual acuity for reading machine dial gauges, blueprints, and precision measuring instruments used in the inspection of parts. Hearing ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose changes in order to take appropriate action.
Normally works in an office environment. Occasionally, the employee is subject to: high noise levels from operating machines, & physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts.
Will be required to visit customer locations.
CANDIDATES FROM THE FOLLOWING ARE HIGHLY PREFERRED:
L & W Engineering
Vehtek (part of Magna)
Auto Metal Craft