CLOUD SECURITY ANALYST
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for assisting with security controls, security threats managing access, and protecting data on applications, and networks. Work is performed under the supervision of the Sr. Information Security Analyst, under the direction of the Property Appraiser. The position is also under the oversight and guidance of the Assistant Property Appraiser/Chief of Staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties of the Cloud Security Analyst include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in patch management activities
- Conduct security awareness training
- Manage cloud environments in accordance with agency security guidelines
- Work with end-users and vendors to support applications and environments
- Create and design technical roadmaps and cloud architecture
- Consult users to determine software and system functional specifications
- Assist in assigning Microsoft 365 subscriptions and licenses
- Configure and review reports, including BI, OMS, and Microsoft 365 reporting
- Maintenance of on-premises and Azure Active Directory environments including, but limited to group policies, conditional access, and MFA
- Document system configurations, standards, and procedures
- Prepare and maintain documentation, training materials, and guides
- Identify risks in security systems and work with technical experts to resolve security issues
- Protect digital data stored on computers and networks against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction
- Assist in monitoring and analyzing logs and alerts
- Assist in vulnerability testing, risk analysis, and security assessments
- Collaborate on special projects to ensure that security requirements and issues are addressed throughout the project life cycle
- Perform other duties as assigned. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) in computer science from an accredited college or university is preferred .Substitution: Graduation from a high school or possession of GED Certificate and three (3) years of technical experience within the IT security field
- CompTIA Security+ certification preferred; certification must be obtained within two (2) years of employment
- Microsoft 365 administrator certification preferred; certification must be obtained within two (2) years of employment
- Microsoft Azure Security Engineer Associate certification preferred; certification must be obtained within two (2) years of employment
- Experience with analysis, troubleshooting, and assisting with application issues is required
- Knowledge of IT security and disaster recovery concepts and tools is required
- Experience with enterprise-level applications and cloud-based services; Microsoft 365 and Azure is preferred
- Two (2) years or more of IT support experience is required
- The ability to engineer, redesign, and administer a diverse set of applications running on Windows servers and cloud technologies is preferred
- Experience with log reviews, and incident reporting is preferred
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment- free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Analytical - Designs and uses workflows and procedures to assess complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Ability to elevate organization’s provision of services within budget constraints; Demonstrates knowledge of business issues relevant to appraisal industry and organization operations; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Communication - Demonstrates ability to communicate concisely and effectively with others; Employs positive and professional communication techniques at all times with respect to organizational communications; Exhibits excellent listening skills; Follows organization policy with respect to work communications.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves organizational resources.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to work hours necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent action within parameters of authority assigned to position by Property Appraiser.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control and maintains professional demeanor; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Organizational Support - Follows the organization’s policies and procedures; Completes assigned tasks correctly and on time; Strives to increase productivity while maintaining standards; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Follows organization policy with respect to work communications.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS: All county employees may be called upon to assist other departments in a declared emergency situation (i.e., Hurricane).
SPECIAL PROVISIONS: While employed by the Orange County Property Appraiser, must not for gratis or for compensation: engage in any real estate activities such as, but not limited to, buying, selling, or acting as a broker for others; appraise property; sell OCPA computerized database information; engage in any outside computer programming or consulting. Employees and members of their household may not own or hold financial interest in an appraisal business.
AT-WILL STATEMENT: Employment at the Orange County Property Appraiser’s Office is on an “at-will” basis. It may be terminated at any time, with or without cause, by either the employee or employer. It is not guaranteed, contracted, or promised for any length of time. No person other than the Orange County Property Appraiser has the authority to alter the at-will status of your employment or to enter any employment contract with you. The Orange County Property Appraiser reserves the right to change, amend or revoke rates of pay, terms, and conditions of your employment and job offers at any time.
Orange County Property
Get fresh Cloud Security Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.