Entry Level Accountant
The Entry Level Accountant assists the Controller by providing bookkeeping, accounting and administrative support.
Personal Qualities and Background. The candidate for this position should have
The candidate should have
● Degree in accounting, no prior work experience required, or proven bookkeeping experience with a minimum of three years experience;
● Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles;
● Ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records;
● Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers;
● Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software;
● Proficiency in Quickbooks Pro, MS Office, and English language (bilingual in Chinese preferred);
● Proficient in English and Mandarin
● Customer service orientation and skills; and
● High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
The candidate is expected to promote a positive, supportive, and creative work environment that reinforces the mission of OCMD, and adheres to the highest levels of integrity, honesty and mutual respect.
Specific Key Responsibilities. The Entry Level Accountant or Bookkeeper is expected to:
· Maintain all A/R and A/P records, reconciliations, bank deposits, month-end adjustments, statements and payroll;
· Reconcile bank and credit card accounts, financial discrepancies and petty cash accounts accurately;
· Process vendor invoices and expense reports, as well as Accounts Payable check runs to setup vendor accounts and new customers;
· Streamline bookkeeping position and procedures using QuickBooks Pro or similar software;
· Maintain customer confidence and protect school operation by keeping financial information confidential;
· Process bi-weekly payroll run with ADP;
· Provide information for annual workers’ compensation audit;
· Post/record asset depreciation schedules; and
· Complete all administrative tasks such as maintaining records, filing documents and financial information, responding timely and with respect and courtesy to requests and communications from vendors, customers, students, donors, and other third parties.