Technical Artist, VFX and Real-time Shaders (Global Contractor)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a Technical Artist, you will be responsible for creating and implementing high-quality visual effects (VFX) and real-time shaders for video games and other interactive experiences. You will work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary game development team dedicated to delivering imaginative and innovative designs that push the boundaries of what is possible in the Web3 gaming industry. We are seeking passionate and creative candidates who are committed to elevating our digital experiences through professional growth and collaboration to support and enhance the team's skills and capabilities. We are open to filling this role with a global contractor.
- Design and implement high-quality real-time visual effects (VFX) using a combination of particle systems, shaders, textures and scripting
- Create and maintain runtime shaders that are both high-performing and visually consistent with the project's art direction
- Collaborate with game developers and other artists to understand the performance requirements and develop creative solutions to meet the set needs
- Optimize render pipelines and shaders for maximum performance on a variety of hardware configurations
- Debug and resolve complex rendering issues
- Create and maintain tools and technical documentation to support the project's art pipeline
- Stay current with industry trends and incorporate new technologies that may improve the team's efficiency
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, or a related field
- Strong experience in real-time VFX development and shaders, using languages such asHLSL/GLSL and Visual Shader Editors
- Expertise in real-time rendering and optimization techniques, including experience with game engines such as Unreal Engine, Unity, or similar
- Strong understanding of 3D math, lighting simulation, shading techniques and color theory
- Proven experience with game development pipelines, including source control and asset management
- Excellent problem-solving skills, critical thinking and attention to detail
- Good communication and collaboration skills
Additionally, we value experience in languages like Python and Lua, physics and simulation engines such as Houdini and texture manipulation softwares like Photoshop.
- Awesome company culture along with a fully remote position (best of both worlds!)
- A rewarding role with opportunities to see yourself and the company grow.
- We’re proud to be a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company!
- Orange Comet is full of passionate and highly skilled individuals. We dream together, learn from each other, have fun and make a difference every day. Our culture is based on deep trust, individual freedom, and personal responsibility.
- While this is listed as a contract position, we do want to fill this role as part of our core team in the near future. Please don’t hesitate to bring this up if it’s of interest, as we’re happy to talk about it!
About the company
Orange Comet is a premium content creation company producing high-quality, disruptive digital collectibles and blockchain experiences. By blending super-creative content and game-changing technology, our mission is to create groundbreaking Web3 experiences for the fanbases of our clients. We are powered by a passionate group of people who believe the future of all entertainment and media is on the verge of a major change and our diverse backgrounds, experiences and industries, work to help our clients shape their businesses for the emerging Metaverse of opportunities that awaits.
The US base salary range for a full-time position is $65,000-$150,000 + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Our team can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
Arts and Entertainment
Get fresh Technical Artist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.