Oral Surgery Surgical Assistant
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons of Houston Houston, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
OMSH surgical assistants are the backbone of our practice. Often times the Surgical Assistants spend more time with our patients than any other member of the medical staff. We are hiring a Surgical Assistant for our busy dental practice. You will help with preparing patients for surgery, sterilizing instruments, setting up & breaking down rooms, and some administrative tasks. To do well in this role you should have experience with oral surgery (or specialty dental surgery) and provide a great level of patient care.
OMSH Surgery Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Supports oral surgery care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials.
- Performs procedures in compliance with the Dental Practice Act.
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Readies patient for dental surgery by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
- Provides information to patients and team members by answering questions and requests.
- Assembles instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area, positioning instruments for surgeon’s access, suctioning, and passing instruments.
- Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient’s mouth.
- Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies and pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
- Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations and cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and postoperative instructions.
- Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and team members by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Dental Assistant Qualifications / Skills:
- Dental health maintenance
- Use of dental technology
- Infection control
- Patient services
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Bedside manner
- Health promotion and maintenance
- Use of medical technologies
- Performing diagnostic procedures
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Registered Dental Certification
- 2+ years in a oral surgery office, or 4+ years in a dental practice
- Experience with EMR (electronic medical records), medical terminology a plus
- DAANCE Certification not required but a plus
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons of HoustonWhy Work Here?
Awesome team, great benefits, and LOT'S of fun!
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons of Houston(OMSH) is one of the few Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon teams in the Greater Houston area. Our team offers more than 40 years of combined dental knowledge, experience and compassion in a wide variety of procedures, ensuring we can provide patients with the best care and an array of treatment choices.
8800 Katy Fwy HoustonHouston, TX