Plans, executes, and measures demand generation marketing programs to grow sales pipeline and revenue for Field Sales organization.
Meets with Sales leaders to create strategic marketing plan in Sales support of pipeline and revenue objectives. Participant in regular pipeline and forecast review meetings. Develops and implements tactical marketing programs in conjunction with Sales, Channels, Product Marketing, Product Management, Oracle Direct (Telesales), and external influencers such as user groups and industry trade associations. Provides onsite execution support for marketing programs. Tracks lead flow to ensure the appropriate Sales channels are following up with event attendees and campaign responders in a timely manner. Creates and manages program budget, measures ROI through metrics analysis and reporting. Acts as a virtual team liaison for corporate business initiatives, programs and launches. Communicates program status, action items, and deliverables across Field Marketing team and Sales.
Proven track record executing multi-faceted event programs. Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to provide consultative input to senior Sales leaders. Basic understanding of business management and operations, including finance/revenue/pipeline principles. Able to engage customers in dialogue about their business needs and IT solutions. Excellent written and verbal skills, and ability to work on far-flung virtual teams. Moderate technical and strategic understanding of Technology, Applications, and Industry solutions being marketed. Attention to detail and discipline to follow established policies and processes from event design to execution to lead flow.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle s mission is to help people see data in new ways, discover insights, and unlock endless possibilities. Our Public Sector State & Local Government event lead s vision is to ensure Oracle consistently delivers remarkable experiences that engage customers and partners, support and scale the Oracle brand, and drive incremental new business.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our growing North America Marketing team. The Oracle Public Sector State & Local Government (SLG) Events Field Marketing Manager will lead the smooth operation of important third-party marketing events & sponsorships critical to the SLG business. The role will closely partner with the SLG digital campaigns manager to ensure Oracle offers a seamless experience across in-person events and virtual platforms, working to deliver one authentic voice to the customer. The outcome of your efforts will help the company be consistent in delivering superior events experiences while working with your campaigns partner to extend that relationship online with engaging content, spanning digital campaigns, social media, Public Relations, and other tactics important to your audiences and Oracle.
The role will also partner with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to manage events & content strategy, planning, budgeting, implementation and reporting. This includes both third-party, and Oracle-led events - from high-profile networking receptions to in-office workshops and unique special events, to major trade shows. These activities are all fundamental to helping generate leads and awareness for the State & Local government sales teams.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing campaigns lead, and Oracle programs management on event strategy, pre-event promotion, on-site branding, and outside vendors
- Understand, develop and lead event marketing strategy to meet business objectives, including differentiation between customer influencer and decision-making personas.
- Take ownership of assigned events tactics - including demand generation, awareness, budgeting, planning, forecasting, execution and customer communications follow-up
- Collaborate with sales leadership and account leads to understand event goals and audience needs
- Align sales goals with on-site experiences, including content, demos, digital marketing and booth give-aways
- Periodically collaborate across business units (Product Marketing, Product Development, Business Development, etc.), as well as other teams involved in content marketing and campaign strategy, to align messaging, event format, and goals for larger, multi-stakeholder events
- Partner with Oracle event program managers on budgets, PO s, invoicing processes
- Manage social event coverage during events, collaborating with campaigns lead and other stakeholders
- Manage post-event communications and follow-up to sales team; ensure proper and consistent lead flow
- Coordinate with campaigns lead for post-event communications to event attendees for next-step Oracle engagement
- Knowledge of public sector marketplace and government customer audiences
- Knowledge of the technology landscape markets
- 5 years in an event strategy/specialist role, preferably within B2B Tech Marketing
- Strong understanding of communications strategy, marketing and branding principles
- Effective negotiation skills with third-party vendors
- Proactive, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strong collaborative and relationship-building skills
- Ability to stay ahead of trends and best practices for event planning and promotions
- Basic understanding of lead generation and flow within a B2B organization
- Expertise in managing projects across matrixed, regionally distributed teams
- Experience working across departments, with leadership, and with external agencies to guide event strategy and execution
- Experience creating marketing content
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor s degree or higher
Position Location: Role ideally is based in Reston, VA., and requires close coordination with virtual teams across North America. Open to considering strong candidates based in U.S. cities near Oracle offices. Position also offers flexibility to work from home, depending on business requirements.
The Oracle Experience
Big things are happening here at Oracle. As the Cloud leader, we offer the broadest suite of Cloud solutions - and we re introducing new services every month for 400,000 customers worldwide.
Innovation at this level starts with our employees: we look for creative people with an entrepreneurial spiritthose who see new possibilities and welcome new challenges.
Oracle employees enjoy industry-leading compensation and benefits, a flexible work environment, educational opportunities, and work/life tools to balance professional and personal goals.
If you re looking to elevate your career - and have fun doing it - you ve come to the right place.
Title: State & Local Government Events Field Marketing Manager, N.A. Public Sector Marketing
Requisition ID: 19001IYL
Other Locations: United States