Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SaaS Tools and Innovation Team
The Software Engineer Architect will work with the A-Team and other departments to analyze, architect, design, and implement tools, systems, and applications that gather diverse data related to customers, analyze that data in terms of customer success, report in a concise, summarized method, and ultimately predict customer renewal.
The ideal candidate would have at least 10 years of experience and a minimum of a BS degree in computer science or software engineering. Additional coursework or degrees in AI, DL, or ML is a plus.
Standard Position Description:
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc. As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Suggest and justify product directions within approved directions. Define responsibilities for new projects and specifies, designs and develops software according to those specifications. Provide consultative software guidance and strategic direction associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems. Acknowledged expert/professional within company and/or industry nationally and internationally. Provides leadership in the development and strategic direction of new products, processes, techniques. Acts as primary consultant on large projects that effect the organization*s long term objectives / strategy.
The Software Engineer Architect responsibilities may include any of the following:
- Analyzing data and data-structures related to customer success
- Determining factors relevant to predicting customer retention
- Implementing systems in order to extract needed data and to inject the data into a data warehouse
- Designing and implementing algorithms to summarize and classify the data into meaningful results
- Designing and Implementing applications to display the resulting data in a clean, easily-understood interface, along with filtering and searching capabilities
- Implementing learning algorithms that can predict customer renewal likelihood
- Architecting systems for stability, scalability, performance, and flexibility
The SaaS A-Team is a customer facing arm of development that ensures the success of key Oracle customers through expert engineering and diagnostic capabilities. We are looking for an intern-level software engineer who can help analyze, design, and implement systems to collate, organize, and present customer success data.
We are seeking an architect-level software engineer to join the SaaS A-Team. This is a high-profile organization that is responsible for the success of key Oracle SaaS customers.
As a member of this team, the engineer will be responsible for researching, architecting, designing, implementing, and testing software that drives estimates of customer success and continued renewal. The position and the project are critical to Oracle s future success with SaaS customers, especially with respect to success and renewals based on that success.
The person in this position will drive the overall technology of this initiative. This requires a comprehensive understanding of modern, scalable, event-driven, cloud technologies, as well as modern techniques with respect to AI, DL, and ML. Attributes include:
- Highly flexible in technologies and their applications to software
- Driven to succeed in complex environments
- Strong desire for clean, pragmatic solutions
- Extremely knowledgeable about modern technologies, software development best practices and methodologies
- Conversant and enthusiastic about Oracle s products and future
- Thrives with technically challenging tasks and environments
- Loves to solve problems and create functional, useful solutions
- Is a computer scientist at the core with all that implies
- Recognized as both a thought leader and a driver of practices
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, delivery-driven environment
- Comfortable interacting with both engineers and executives, with appropriate articulation
- Ability to translate requirements and desires from key stakeholders into workable solutions
- Hands-on capability to create prototypes and to pick up any technologies required for the job
- Can successfully communicate conceptual ideas and design rational to all levels of the organization
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- A team player who seeks success for the team and the company, not him/herself
- Innate desire to better oneself as well as the team and the company
- Ability to coach and mentor development staff
Work is non-routine and somewhat complex, involving the application of analytical, data modeling, and software engineering. The candidate should be working on, and close to, a BS or MS degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
Knowledge of data science or machine learning techniques is a plus
Job: **Product Development*
Title: Software Engineer 5
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 19001E0Z