Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically seven years of software engineering or related experience needed.
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
About The Job
Do you dream of designing products that have a positive impact on a global scale? Are you a well-rounded designer looking to join a high-performing Design team where your impact will be felt immediately? At*O**racle Utilities/Opower*, we know that by engaging utilities customers about their energy use, we can help them lower their bills and reduce energy usage. We are passionate about helping utilities and their customers move toward a clean energy future.
We are hiring an experienced UX designer with a strong process and relevant background to take part in interdisciplinary projects and bring his/her own unique talents to our design team dynamic. As aSenior UX Designer, you ll work with multiple product teams to create new products and features that reach energy customers via paper, email, and the mobile web. We re a small team, and you will contribute to the success and vision of our growing product suite, reaching millions of people across the globe.
A portfolio is required.
Show us projects that demonstrate your enthusiasm for solving complex problems that meet the needs of the customer while supporting clearly identified business objectives. We want to see user-friendly product designs that showcase your process and creativity for solving interesting challenges and drive value for customers and clients alike.
About the Team
To learn more about us, please visit our UX team site:https://ux.opower.com/
If making a positive impact on the world is important to you, and you identify with the below qualities, we d love to speak with you.
What You ll Make Happen:
- Get up to speed on Oracle Utilities | Opower products and behavioral science fundamentals
- Lead complex, multidisciplinary projects from start to finish
- Present your work to internal and client stakeholders
- Establish functional collaboration with fellow designers, product teams and development
- Conduct user research to support your design process
- Provide ongoing support to PMs and engineers during development project rollouts
- Contribute to Oracle s Design culture with your own unique talents, and grow your career down a path that s right for you
- The importance of practicing user-centered design.
- Working with Researchers, Content Strategists and Developers to design and prototype and deliver holistic user journeys spanning paper, email, mobile and web.
- Designing for the underserved: you love accessible and responsive technologies that meet the needs of consumers and professionals alike.
- Process, frameworks, and a challenge to wrestle with.
- Teaching, as well as learning, to the success of the whole team.
- BA/BS in a design-oriented discipline (or equivalent work experience)
- 5 years relevant design experience, working with a UX team
- A passion for working within a high-performing design team
- A portfolio of well-designed, user-centered projects
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~end of relevant details
Job: **Product Development*
Title: Senior User Experience (UX) Designer, Oracle Utilities / Opower
Location: CA,California-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 190014R1
Other Locations: United States, US-VA,Virginia-Arlington