Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Perform performance trend analysis and manage the server/network capacity. Propose client configuration and implement technical solutions to enhance and/or troubleshoot the system. Work with others to define, coordinate vendor purchase needs. Responsible for support documentation as well.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The person selected to fill this position will take a hands-on technical role in the team responsible for the deployment, maintenance and security of OpenAir s hosted service offering. As a member of the team, you will take on tasks to ensure the Uptime, Security and Performance reliability of the environment. There is an on-call component to this role, however your pro-active nature seeks to ensure a highly available system that minimizes unexpected service affecting issues. Throughout your efforts, you are aware that the end user of the services are OpenAir s customers, and you are working to provide them with highly reliable services.
OpenAir is one of the family of products under the Oracle-NetSuite business unit. It is the leader in cloud professional services automation and runs under a Linux environment.
For more information visithttp://www.OpenAir.com.
- Become familiar with the OpenAir application at an operational level.
- Use best practises to ensure the efficient management of over 200 Linux hosts.
- Maintain bare-metal, virtualized and cloud-based environments.
- Ensure the ongoing security of OpenAir systems and data.
- Adhere to compliance and security best practices (SOC1&2, ISO27001/18 and PCI).
- Participate in operational Change Control process.
- Software Deployment and Patching.
- Provide on-call support, as part of a scheduled global-roster.
- Support other departments in an operational capacity.
- Provision new servers and services.
- Maintain and improve systems and infrastructure.
- Work remotely as a productive, contributing member of a global team.
- Minimum of 5 years industry relevant experience.
- Experience with maintaining enterprise operational environments.
- Pro-active work-ethic and excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complicated problems.
- Experience with Redhat Linux (CentOS, Fedora, RHEL) based operating systems.
- Experience with:
- Virtualisation platforms (KVM/XenServer/VMWare/OVM).
- Automation & deployment technologies (Puppet/Chef/Ansible).
- MySQL and/or Oracle Database Administration.
- Apache or NGINX Webserver.
- Monitoring platforms (Nagios/Opsview/Zabbix).
- TCP/IP Networking and DNS.
- Proficient in at least one scripting language, preferably Bash or Perl.
- Basic experience using Windows Server.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Technology or a related discipline.
- CCNP / CCNA / RHCE certifications.
- Experience with Compliance audits.
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Load Balancing and Clustering experience (F5, Foundry, Netscaler).
- Enterprise NAS/SAN experience (NetApp preferred).
- Previous experience working for an ISP (Internet Service Provider).
- Previous experience in SaaS based operations.
- Data center logistics and operations.
Title: Senior Systems Administrator
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 190019YC