Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you passionate about enabling developers to do more every day? Do you find yourself making your own tools to get things done faster? Would you enjoy working on a platform that is fundamental to the way how services are built on a hyper scale, multi-tenant cloud platform? Do you like solving complex problems and making hard operational tasks easy?
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Service Owner Tools is looking for a highly-skilled engineer to join our team to build frameworks and tools that will be used by all Oracle teams to build and operate their services on OCI. Our mission is to simplify the end-to-end process to build and operate a service, including the initial infrastructure setup, integration with OCI platform functionality and allow service teams to focus on building business value. This is an opportunity to impact the day-to-day life of thousands of developers across Oracle.
We are looking for an SDE to build an innovative platform that automates the manual operational tasks that slow teams down and keep them from delivering value to their customers. This is a unique opportunity to work with smart people to solve complex problems in building and operating services at scale. You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn.
This is a highly diverse role that requires one to have a strong software development/automation background. We are seeking candidates with deep background in DevOps, Systems programming, QA Automation or Full Stack Web development.
- 6 years of experience in software development
- 3 years of experience in developing large scale distributed services / applications
- Proficiency with Java and/or Python, and Object Oriented (OOA/P) programming
- Deep experience across software development lifecycle.
- Experience with DevOps, Systems programming, automation, full stack web development.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and DevOps processes.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Bachelor s or Master s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge and experience in developer tools, operational tools, and/or application management tools. This could include monitoring tools, build tools, deployment tools, continuous delivery (CI/CD), team productivity tools (project / collaboration), integrated development environments (IDEs), or software development kits (SDKs).
- Knowledge and experience with web-scale services and distributed systems
- Deep understanding of cloud design patterns. Experience building solutions on the cloud.
Title: Senior Software Engineer - Service Owner Tools
Requisition ID: 19001HGQ
Other Locations: United States