Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To start, you ll be surrounded by smart, innovative, caring people invested in our customers and the community. If you re looking to share your unique perspective and ideas at a collaborative table and help equip all kinds of businesses achieve their visions, check us out.
We're looking for great talent to expand our security tooling team. As a Senior Tooling Engineer, you will contribute to a team tasked with serving our development and security teams at NetSuite. The ideal candidate loves building and analyzing software, and is not afraid to tackle tough problems. This is not your typical web developer job. While you might do a small amount of UI work, the bulk of your time will be spent building tools, platforms, and the code doing the heavy lifting on the server-side. You would be creating tools for static and dynamic analysis, building and integrating tools into self-service platforms, analyzing large data sets, and more. You will be working with a security team that serves developers, but you ll be doing development to make sure they are as effective as they can be. You ll be helping build a world-class automated security capability to ensure developers at NetSuite write the safest software possible. You ll also be working with a great team that is already tackling this challenge head-on.
- Develop software to serve internal development and security staff
- Implement software that analyzes software. You ll be building static and dynamic analysis capabilities to make our software better and our people and processes more efficient
- Collaborate with internal security team to research and understand high impact automation opportunities, shepherding efforts through to production
- Develop software with high security and quality standards
- Perform R&D on new capabilities for the team. Propose and implement new ideas
- 5 years of progressive experience in software development
- Experience building tooling or complex software systems. This is not a typical web app development role. This is building software that analyzes software and large data sets
- Thrives while working independently
- Enjoy working with a diverse global team
- Flexible and efficient while managing multiple tasks with different priorities
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Extra points if you have experience with static analysis, preferably building tooling for static analysis
- Machine learning development work we re analyzing large data sets and this is a handy skillset
- Remote is ok for this position, if you can show us you re successful with this model
Title: Senior Software Engineer - Security Tooling
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 1900171I