Senior Oracle DBA - COLUMBIA, MD, NAPLES, FL or AUSTIN, TX ONLY
Senior Oracle DBA
LOCATION: COLUMBIA, MD, NAPLES, FL OR AUSTIN, TX ONLY
NOTE: We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this role at this time - no candidates requiring visa sponsorship will be considered.
Are you interested in building very large scale, globally distributed, multi-tenant SaaS platform on top of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and Platform services?
Oracle's Hospitality Global Business Unit Hotel Distribution Platform team is building from the ground up a platform for managing global supply and demand for hotel rooms. The platform will operate at a high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers will use it to manage their hotel room inventory and pricing as well as availability requests and bookings on all distribution channels. Our mission is to provide the industry with the platform that can scale and have near zero downtime.
As a Senior Oracle DBA, you'll design and develop tools and scripts for deploying and managing Oracle database on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Design and build tools and scripts for deploying and managing Oracle database on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Scalability, Reliability, Zero downtime and Operational Efficiency of the SaaS database tier
- Build and maintain automation frameworks and tools to ensure high speed & low cost provisioning, maximum uptime and predictability while preventing outages and service interruptions or degradations
- Develop and manage database operational processes and metrics that ensure maximum reliability and uptime
- Analyze service level degradations and develop rapid response solutions to ensure such degradations do not reoccur
- Lead and mentor team members
- Partner with PaaS development teams as well as HGBU Engineering for continuous improvement of our SaaS
- Proven database engineering background with emphasize on deploying and managing Oracle database on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- 3 years of experience in Database administration activities such as GoldenGate, RAC, Data Guard, Replication, RMAN, etc.
- Must be either highly proficient with GoldenGate OR possess actual database migration experience to a cloud platform (Oracle Cloud, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Understanding of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and Platform services
- Experience in maintaining production Oracle database instances, including required monitoring, testing, and tooling
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
- Experience with Agile and DevOps methodologies
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: Product Development
Other Locations: US-Virginia, US-District of Columbia, US-Maryland, US-FL,Florida-Naples
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire