Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a manager of the software engineering division, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and suggest improvements to the architecture.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas of sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Senior Engineering Manager (Database Cloud Service - SRE)
The Oracle DBaaS team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. We are committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world s biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on development leaders with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure.
At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer s business critical applications.
What we are looking for in a great candidate and what is in it for you!
- We are looking for a hands-on leader with a passion to solve interesting problems in designing and operating Oracle's database cloud services.
- You will have a critical responsibility and power to influence architecture of backend infrastructure of Oracle's most important cloud services such as Autonomous Databases and Exadata Cloud Service.
- You will hire/mentor/lead engineers who are expert at Exadata architecture, Oracle database technologies and have a great mindset about how to run this critical part of Oracle Database Cloud service in most efficient manner.
- You should be have the ability to dig deeper into any part of the stack while also having the ability to look at the big picture and make engineering design decisions.
- You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn.
- You will also be able to apply your strong fundamentals knowledge of computer science, database technologies and cloud operations to real-world problems and come up with engineering solutions to operations challenges.
- Your work will require you to interact and co-operate with people working in different areas of the stack and lead the exciting backend DbaaS efforts, including:
o Always have a good pulse about what are the top challenges and have a decent idea about potential solutions while running a massive cloud service.
o Collaborate with many cross functional teams, Engineers, Product Managers to drive the execution and delivery of features/Solutions
o Make critical decisions that lead to successful products
o Provide executive level reports for ongoing projects, solutions and operational challenges
o Manage day to day activities of engineering teams
o Mentor engineers and provide technical guidance to the teams
o Participate in road-map planning and architecture discussions
Skills and Experience we seek in a terrific candidate...
- 8 years experience delivering and operating large scale, highly distributed systems and managing high energy teams
- Strong experience of managing production databases, Exadata systems.
- Strong knowledge automation and experience with a scripting language such as Python, Perl, etc.
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
- Strong knowledge of operating systems (Linux) and distributed systems fundamentals.
- Strong knowledge of exadata infrastructure, architecture, and operations.
- Strong understanding of Oracle databases, storage and distributed persistence technologies.
- Working familiarity with networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP) and standard network architectures.
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Experience in hiring and building a world-class engineering team
- Experience in agile development methodologies and working with teams across time-zones
- Bachelor s degree required and a Master's preferred.
Title: Senior Engineering Manager (Database Cloud Services)
Location: CA,California-Redwood City
Requisition ID: 19001CGG
Other Locations: United States