Work with a world class team to provide enterprise-wide, Oracle Database Administration support for production systems and provide DBA services to application development teams, including database design, database generation, coding, and database production support. Provide DBA support with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness. Provide accurate and creative solutions to user problems of moderate nature to ensure user productivity.
Provide Development and/or Production support. This includes creating primary database storage structures, designing and creating primary objects, modifying database structure as necessary for enhancements or performance, creating documentation, designing interfaces, database objects, and creating plans. Monitor and optimize performance of the database, plan for backup and recovery of the database, and allocate system storage and plan future storage needs. Create database-related scripts and programs to support development and production environments. Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend, and plan implementation of new or improved RDBMS, ETL and database tools.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years of experience supporting relational databases as a DBA, with multiple distributed relational DBSM*s or a depth and focus in Oracle and related tools. Exposure and practice at using the DBMS to optimize performance of large databases for enterprise use is preferred. Experience with an organization with a key 24 X 7 reliance on its database is desirable. BS or equivalent desired.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Cloud Engineeringteam is an integral part of Oracle Construction and Engineering GBU (CEGBU). Oracle s CEGBU is the world s leading project and portfolio management software organization. Since 1983, Oracle s CEGBU has provided the software foundation enabling all types of businesses to achieve excellence in managing their portfolios, programs, projects, and resources. CEGBU products have managed projects totaling an estimated $10 trillion plus in value. Our development group builds enterprise-level solutions for our customers in project-intensive industries. Our applications provide project and portfolio management, contract management, resource management, and risk management solutions used by customers worldwide. We use an agile development approach that incorporates regular retrospectives and process improvement to ensure that we are always building software in the most efficient, effective way possible.
Ideal candidate would have exceptional analytical skills to be able to debug and resolve complex customer reported issues ranging from SQL tuning to db system performance tuning. The candidate will work with a world-class team to provide Oracle Database Administration support for customer production systems in the Oracle Cloud, with the opportunity to work on the latest Oracle database releases and features as part of the cloud first strategy.
Must be a motivated, team-player with the ability to work cross functionally with a can-do and do-it-right attitude, a self-starter, and constantly thinking of ways to improve the work. Comfortable leading a team technically, providing direction and mentorship; or acting as an individual contributor. 5 years of experience supporting relational databases as a DBA, with a focus in Oracle and related tools. Experience with an organization with a key 24 X 7 reliance on its databases is preferred. BS or equivalent desired.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Alert and diagnostic monitoring
- Participate 24x7 on call support on a weekly rotating schedule, including weekends
- Work closely with Product Development teams and provide feedback to improve product quality
- Develop administration automation and monitoring scripts as needed
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures/documentation
- Provide escalation support for database related issues
- Share knowledge and mentor junior team members as needed
- Attend daily team meetings and participate team building activities
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5 years of extensive database management experience with strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills to investigate errors and performance bottlenecks
- Willing to work in a 24x7 production mission critical environment, including weekends
- Experience with Oracle database 12c, 18c, RAC, ASM, Data Guard, SQL and Performance tuning
- Experience with Enterprise Manager for monitoring and administering mission critical databases
- Ability to breakdown/rewrite complex queries to improve performance
- Strong understanding of data structures and how they relate to performance.
- Expertise in writing Oracle SQL/PLSQL, Stored procedures, et
- Expertise in debugging and addressing performance issues using tools like EM, AWR, SQLT, ADDM reports, etc.
- Experience in any Unix shell script, Perl script and Python
- Experience administering databases on Exadata is a strong plus
- Excellent written, verbal communication and documentation skills
Title: Senior Oracle Database Engineer
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 1900103U