Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you a top-notch software engineer with a few years of experience under your belt who wants a career that marries your professional experience with a worthwhile purpose, like saving our planet? Sure you could work at any of the big names in tech, but don t you want more out of your career than on-site dry cleaning and sleep pods. Are you ready for a change?
Now, imagine yourself coming to work everyday to help us tackle one of humanity s greatest challenges: energy. Our mission is to utilize the power of big data to revolutionize the way customers interact with their utility s representatives, in addition to reducing energy consumption around the world. Our tools deliver Opower s deep, personalized energy insights to end customers and help them be more energy efficient.
At Opower, ourTools & Automation Developerswork with a ton of open source technologies and regularly commit to open source projects. You will be one of the founding members of our Automation services team and be responsible for building the automation tools we use as well as defining and set-up our automation services and tools environment. Our products have a cohesive goal of educating millions of consumers about their energy usage to help drive down overall consumption for our clients.
Opower is actively seeking sharp, driven, and talented engineers who enjoy delivering valuable products that make a difference in people's lives.
- Strong development skills or previous experience as a Software Development Engineer is required
- Ability to quickly automate features while they are being developed in close collaboration with developers to maintain an aggressive release cadence.
- Experience working with devops tools like Chef, Puppet, Jenkins and practices like continuous integration and delivery pipelines.
- Languages: Proficiency with Core Java, Python, Ruby, or Go required
- Strong experience with distributed source code control systems, like Git
- Good communication and personal interaction skills. This person should able to effectively influence multiple levels - peers as well as management
- At least 3 years of Software Development experience, preferably in a technical leadership role
- Degree in Computer Science
- Design, document and develop automation framework and tools. Set standards for, and measuring, product quality
- Implement automated software, identify and solve problems at the component or feature level, and actively participate in multiple functional areas.
- Adhering to aggressive release schedules
- Being involved from product inception, proactively look for potential quality issues, contribute to Technical Reviews and Root Cause Analysis sessions.
- Actively participate in group technology reviews to critique work of self and others.
- Resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur with help from peers or managers. Follow through on details and drives issues to closure with help from peers or managers.
- Working closely as part of a development team using agile development processes
- Participating in all aspects of the development process and product lifecycle, from product definition through release and support, to ensure quality throughout
- Champion quality throughout engineering
- Mentor other engineers
Title: Principal Software Engineer in Test
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 190015UL