Escalations Manager (JoinOCI)
Escalations Manager- Oracle Cloud
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Customer Operations team is seeking accomplished and passionate individuals to lead and evolve our customers cloud journey.
Are you passionate about making customers successful? Are you a customer advocate who enjoys building and establishing strong relationships and credibility? Are you excited about diving in and resolving customer issues, and willing to engage directly with Executives in high-profile situations?
We are looking for Escalation Managers to lead and manage complex customer issues and situations. The ideal candidate will have proven ability to communicate effectively in high-pressure situations, work on and lead cross-functional teams such as Support and Operations, Consulting, Engineering and Product Management. S/he shall be a forward-thinking problem solver with a solutions-oriented mindset and with a potential to deeply understand the impact of technical challenges. In addition, s/he shall have strong communication skills to clearly articulate high level technical solution and drive technical decisions to solve challenging technical and business problems.
As an Escalations Manager, you will bring business critical product issues to resolution, and channel customers back to normal support stream. You will strive to provide the highest level of customer support and satisfaction through collaborating with support teams from multiple Oracle lines of business in resolving product related issues that have a significant business impact on cloud customer
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Principally responsible to own communication to customers and other teams within Oracle during critical incidents.
- Provide a single voice to the customer (internal or external) throughout the full lifecycle of an incident, from inception to resolution and corrective action.
- Operate efficiently in a demanding environment, maintain composure, demonstrate leadership, and communicate in an exemplary manner.
- Engage and lead cross-functional and geographically diverse teams to develop and execute action plans while addressing critical situations.
- Manage timelines and resource engagement to drive resolution to critical/challenging customer issues in a cross-functional environment
- Track and communicate status and resolution to all customer and oracle stakeholders in a factual, professional, timely and consistent manner.
- Experience in customer engagement and customer-facing service delivery and/or incident management roles, 7-10 years.
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent experience (MBA a plus).
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with past experience in a customer facing role.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and topics to multiple audiences at the appropriate depth for each.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills utilized to provide regular updates (verbal and written) to stakeholders.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with a goal of driving issues to closure.
- Knowledge and proficiency with Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) in a Public or Private Cloud environme
Prior experience as Escalations Engineer, Escalations Manager, Technical Account/Customer Relationship Manager, Service Delivery Manager, Engineering Manager, Customer Support Manager or similar roles.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 5 years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: Product Development
Other Locations: US-MA,Mass-Burlington, US-NH,New Hamp-Nashua
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire