Development and implementation of business plans, marketing strategy, and forecasts for a product/service or vertical market.
As a product analyst you will participate in every stage of the product life cycle to ensure product meets the needs of users. Drive the implementation of programs in support of the marketing strategy, business plans, and forecasts for assigned product lines. Maintains current status of customer specifications for existing and future products. Identify, evaluate, and recommend marketing opportunities in support of product line objectives. Drive product functionality delivering high quality product documentation. Lead products through scheduled release assisting others to manage commitments and resources. Measure and report progress and review deliverables.
Acknowledged authority within the Corporation. Provides leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Demonstrated product/project management experience. Ability to work with Executives. Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal communication. Demonstrated product/project management experience. Creative, energetic, and enthusiastic. Team player. Experience using or implementing Oracle, SAP, or Peoplesoft applications. Basic HTML and web technology skills a plus. BA/BS/MBA degree.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Department & Team Description
Oracle Market & Competitive Intelligence is a highly critical and visible organization at Oracle within the Cloud Business Group. We provide competitive deal support, training, and strategic consultation services to Sales globally; analyze and derive timely, relevant and actionable analyses and insights for all major markets and competitors across the entire Oracle products portfolio that are used by CEO and LOB leaders; and drive cross-company market research and competitive intelligence activities/programs. We strive to deliver insights that enable our company to compete most effectively in the marketplace and make optimal decisions to maximize our business performance.
We are committed to providing you with a work environment that is conducive to productivity, satisfaction, development, and opportunity! Join us and go places with this world-class organization!
This role is for Director or Sr Director, Competitive Intelligence for Human Capital Management Cloud Apps. This candidate must be able to apply insights based on facts, Cloud experience, and the views of industry observers to help the Oracle field increase the win rate. Next to this sales support, this role also supports Sales executives and Product Marketing in the competitive positioning of the Oracle products, and Market Intelligence. This position requires a very resourceful and charismatic leader who is able to effectively communicate insights and influence at all levels, and work effectively with multiple stakeholders in any situation.
This position resides in the Competitive Intelligence branch of the Oracle Market and Competitive Intelligence organization and reports into to the Group Vice President and Global Head of Oracle Market & Competitive Intelligence, who reports to Oracle s EVP and Head of Cloud Business Group (who is a CEO direct report). This position is very visible and critical, and is directly responsible for producing critical work used by our CEO and Sales, GTM, Marketing, Planning/Operations/Dev leaders.
- Initiates, conducts, and analyzes strategic competitive analyses, leading to timely, relevant, and actionable competitive recommendations. These analyses will utilize a variety of sources including primary research, syndicated research, user behavior, financial analysis, competitive analysis, analyst firms data, etc.
- Provides recommendations on opportunities and emerging trends to Sales and Marketing executives. Draws conclusions and determines the implications of competitive data to Oracle s sales strategy, competitive strategy and value proposition.
- Drives competitive support for Human Capital Management including Talent Management, Recruiting, Onboarding, Payroll, Workforce Management, and social capabilities. This entails tracking and analyzing competitors like Workday, SAP SuccessFactors, CornerStone OnDemand, ADP, SumTotal, Lumesse, etc.
- Works with teams across Oracle (e.g. Analyst Relations, Sales Operations, etc.) to assess competitive dynamics.
- Trains sales management, account managers, sales reps, sales consultants in competitive positioning around the world.
- Builds and maintains financial models for competitive results analysis and forecasting.
- Conducts and supports regular Competitive Intelligence Key Insights reviews/meetings/presentations with products, industry, and regional sales teams.
- Launches Competitive Intelligence communications on findings and pushes out insights, opportunity analysis, strategic assessments materials/content (e.g. newsletters, executive summaries, area or product-specific write-ups, etc.).
- Continuously refines hypothesis to help anticipate competitive developments. Proactively maintains and extends knowledge of market and industry trends, user preferences and changing competitive and market forces.
- Critical Skills
- Strategic thinking and problem solving ability (e.g. ability to conceptually frame problems and identify creative solutions)
- Strong intellectual and business acumen.
- Strong leadership skills and outstanding ability to influence, persuade, and build confidence and trust.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and writing skills - examples of prior work will be requested.
- Excellent understanding of competitive intelligence sources (e.g. industry analysts, financial analysts, press, syndicated data sources). An excellent personal network of industry observers is a huge plus.
- Strong and passionate training skills, willing to address real and perceived sales hurdles, open for Q&A. Ability to take training to the next level to create competitive excitement.
- Ability to translate complex analysis and topics into digestible communications.
- High level of discretion and organizational awareness. Ability to handle and communicate delicate information.
- Self-starter with ownership mentality that can work starting with a clean sheet of paper; energetic and enthusiastic. A "delivery-oriented", can-do, hands-on personality.
- Proactively manages and adjusts to the dynamic needs of the internal customer base. Ability to prioritize simultaneous projects/deliverables/deadlines to successful completion (i.e. in a quality and timely manner).
- Team-player; excellent collaboration skills in a cross-functional and matrix environment. Proven ability to work with Sales, Product Management/Marketing.
- Attention to detail, strong commitment to quality and delivery agreements.
- A strong understanding of financial results and the ability to analyze this quickly and effectively.
- A Bachelor s degree in marketing, economics, business or related fields. MBA or related graduate degree preferred. 12 years related experience, including 5 years of sales, pre-sales, competitive intelligence, or business analysis experience.
- Analysts firms (e.g. Gartner, Forrester, IDC, etc.) background a plus.
- Outstanding knowledge of Human Capital Management including Recruiting, Talent Management and Cloud HCM markets.
- Good knowledge of MS Excel (including pivot tables), PowerPoint and Word.
Travel Component: Minimal (less than 15%)
Title: Director or Senior Director, Global HCM (Human Capital Management) Competitive Intelligence
Location: CA,California-Redwood City
Requisition ID: 190012GJ
Other Locations: United States, Canada