Development of communication programs to promote Oracle's products & services.
Evaluates and manages new strategic business opportunities, initiatives, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, alliances and/or joint ventures. Oversees market analysis, monitors competitive activity, and identifies customer needs. Provides leadership in the planning, designing, due diligence, and implementing of strategic business objectives. Defines vision, strategies, and tactics. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Primarily a resource/ allocation role, coordinating the daily activities of a work group and setting priorities to ensure task completion. Supervises within prescribed procedures with management review and approval. Maintains orderly work processes by coordinating work flow and work quality. Provides technical/functional leadership, as well as first line supervision, but does not have hire/fire authority. Uses individual knowledge and skills to develop team members.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Communications business (www.oracle.com/communications) at Oracle is looking for a Marketing rock star. The successful candidate will leverage a strong Oracle brand, rapidly growing B/OSS/Digital Commerce space and content-rich assets to continue to build and lead a global field events and campaigns marketing team for theCommunications Applicationspillar.
This is an integral role to the Communications Global Business Unit (CGBU) marketing team working across multiple groups (Sales, Consulting, Product Marketing, Marketing Communications, Advertising, etc.) to create and execute field events and digital campaign strategies across all stages of the sales cycle.
- Lead the development of global integrated marketing strategies and campaigns based on both buyer and business needs in conjunction with marketing communications, product marketing and sales leadership.
- Act as primary marketing contact for Sales Leadership, including regular participation in sales team calls, in-person meetings and planning sessions.
- Own all digital demand gen properties for the Communications pillar and create digital marketing strategies to support Sales pipeline growth. Digital programs to include paid sponsorships, email content marketing, SEO/SEM, nurture landing pages, website optimization. Oversee campaign budget, execution and channel selection across regions.
- Partner with Corporate PR, AR and Product Marketing in developing influencer strategies to optimize awareness for Communications
- Work with senior executives regionally to develop & execute customer campaigns to build awareness for and celebrate new wins, "go-lives," customer initiatives and customer success results.
- Inform content development strategies and partner with other departments (e.g. Product Marketing, Industry Strategy) on content creation efforts.
- Collaborate with Field Sales and Inside Sales to ensure lead management processes are followed in a timely fashion so leads are optimized for conversion to pipeline opportunities
- Create and optimize marketing processes including ROI reporting in conjunction with Sales Operations and Corporate Marketing Operations around lead scoring, lead management, pipeline contribution.
- Manage virtual team of 3-4 Regional Field Marketing Managers/ Campaign Marketing Specialists to execute marketing programs.
- Collaborate with peers across industry marketing teams to build best practices and efficiencies within the Global Business Unit marketing function.
- Bachelors required (Marketing, Communication, or Liberal Arts)
- Minimum of 10 years of B2B marketing experience, prefer 5-8 years experience in the BSS/OSS/CRM/Digital commerce space, preferably within a vendor, partner or consulting organization delivering solutions into that space.
- Experience leading and motivating high performing teams
- Experience of working in highly targeted Account Based Marketing environments, closely with Sales to derive and develop timely and targeted positioning and value material for key influencers and decision makers in top, strategic accounts.
- Robust written and verbal communications, high credibility presence, with the ability to influence, lead and champion new concepts/ideas
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience creating and building relationships
- Proven ability to manage up, down, and across effectively
- Self-motivated, confident, and high energy team player
- Metrics-driven marketing mind and familiarity with marketing analytics platforms
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and dynamic working environment and build excellent rapport with internal teams
- CRM (e.g., Oracle Sales Cloud) and marketing automation systems (e.g., Eloqua) experience
- Ability to Travel 30%
Title: Director, Global Marketing, Communications Industry
Location: CA,California-San Jose
Requisition ID: 190018JQ
Other Locations: United States