Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
/We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer s business critical applications. /
Manchester, NH or Remote
Oracle OCI is seeking a Developer/Systems Engineer to assist with the design and development of various platforms and applications related to the support of DNS products and services, including workload orchestration, automation pipelines, and platform service management. This is a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment requiring strong listening, communication, and teamwork skills as well as the ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
The candidate should be familiar with the following:
- Continuous Delivery and Integration pipeline such as Jenkins
- Configuration management tools, Chef and/or Salt preferred
- Linux server administration and configuration
- Virtualization (KVM), Containerization (Docker), microservices architecture
- Workload orchestration using containers
- Building highly available, distributed architectures in the cloud
- Source control (Git) and package management tools (npm, pip, etc)
- Test-Driven development
- Data analysis, centralized logging, security engineering and operations
- Collaborate with an engineering teams to design, build, and deploy automated platforms
- Develop well-documented code and tools
- Automate systems from infrastructure to application deployment using tools like Git, Chef, Salt, Ansible, etc.
- Develop playbooks for the repeatable deployment of system components, or for performing routine management/deployment tasks
- Design, deploy, manage, and maintain applications and systems deployed to Cloud, Bare metal, KVM, and Kubernetes
- Proactively look for ways to enhance the functionality, reliability, operation of the platform
- Define, develop and run test cases on applications and services as part of deployment process
- At least 5 years of experience in a SaaS Cloud or Hybrid Cloud Environment
- At least 5 years of experience with Linux operating systems, such as RHEL or Ubuntu
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with configuration management systems, such as Chef or Ansible
- Experience with development in Go, Python, and or Java
- General knowledge of distributed system fundamentals: networking, parallelism/concurrency, graceful degradation, load balancing and high availability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Should be a flexible, resourceful, team player that is able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Creative thinking and critical analysis are essential
Job: **Product Development*
Title: DevOps Platform Engineer (JoinOCI)
Location: NH,New Hamp-Manchester
Requisition ID: 19001588
Other Locations: United States