Intermediate-level consulting professional who has a general understanding of solutions or technology designs within a product/technology family. Works directly with Consulting sales to analyze customer business needs.
Performs standard duties and tasks with some oversight in order to design business solutions utilizing Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Operates within defined policies and processes by applying Oracle methodology, company procedures, leading practices, and creativity to develop business solutions on moderately complex customer engagements. May assist in influencing customer leadership in acceptance of Oracle solutions and services to facilitate the closing of consulting deals. Builds a network and up-to-date specific industry or product knowledge.
2-5 years of experience relevant to this position including 1-2 years consulting experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Some product, technology or industry expertise. Basic ability to craft and articulate strategic solutions. General knowledge of implementation methodologies and best practices. Knowledge of competitive & partner products, technology and solutions. Ability to travel as needed.
*Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.*
As part of the Consulting Solutions Group practice, the Solution Specialist is responsible for working jointly with the Oracle NetSuite Direct Sales and Account Management groups to provide scoping, solutioning and estimation of the Professional Services effort required for new sales opportunities. The Solution Specialist will also be responsible for working directly with customers to document and validate their business requirements across major business processes to be supported by ERP, and to map them to NetSuite ERP functionality
The Solution Specialist is also responsible for presenting and delivering the final Statement of Work (SOW) for NetSuite Professional Services to implement the products sold. Although the initial customer requirements are obtained by the Sales team, the Solution Specialist may from time to work with the Sales team during the initial discovery and demo process to ensure that the prospect s requirements are fully understood and included in the implementation SOW.
* Partner with a team of Product Sales Representatives and Solutions Consultants in the assigned Industry Vertical to validate in and out of scope requirements and assist with solutioning as necessary
* Collaborate with Practice Vertical Leads, Practice Directors and Practice Managers to determine best approach to Professional Service offerings based on prospect and scope
* Manage and prioritize Professional Services opportunities
* Create Statements of Work and develop cost estimates for Professional Services efforts
* Manage and prioritize requests from both Direct and Account Management teams
* Maintain Professional Services Engagement Record updates within our internal sales force automation system to manage and prioritize Professional Services sales opportunities
* Develop, deliver and sell high-impact Professional Services Value Proposition
* Participate in pricing and Statement of Work presentations to prospective customers to present and discuss contents of an SOW
* Provide explanations to prospects for questions regarding SOWs and Oracle NetSuite offerings
* Negotiate with prospects regarding inclusions/exclusions in the scope of the SOW and update pricing accordingly
* Serves as sales technical support on Oracle NetSuite Services opportunities.
* Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of numerous factors
* Demonstrates experience in translating customer business requirements into workable business solutions, either as a software solution or a re-engineering initiative
* Knowledge transfer to the Professional Services implementation team
* Ability to acquire and maintain an understanding of Oracle NetSuite products
* Assisting clients with mapping their budget and priorities to the scope and deployment strategy
*Preferred Qualifications/Skills include: *
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance or Business Management
* 1 year experience in the implementation or administration of ERP Financial Accounting software or similar systems
* Consulting role experience
* Experience working with sales teams, ideally in a services and/or product pre-sales role
* Experience preparing and presenting solution value propositions
* Experience creating SOW and cost estimates
* Strong customer relationship and negotiation skills
* Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
* Experience successfully delivering presentations via web conferencing
* Understanding of industry standard business practices as related to core accounting processes
* NetSuite experience a plus
**Title:** *Consulting Solution Specialist - NetSuite*
**Location:** *United States*
**Requisition ID:** *19000KGU*