Job title- Network Support
Shift - Mon to Fri 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and can be flexible
Duration- 12 Months possible extension or hire
Location- Long Island, NY (75+% travel within 5 Burroughs)
Pay Rate - $25-$27/hr
- The installation, troubleshooting and de-installing of network equipment
- Install/swap out devices (e.g., phone, computers, cables, boards, edge routers, switches and etc.)
- Complete Move, Add Change (MAC) requests within the defined service levels
- Act as interface between customer’s associates and management
- Provide hardware break-fix services for network infrastructure
- Perform onsite call-through, data, voice, website and security testing
- Perform back-up testing to ensure all systems are connected to the customer’s network as directed
- Support carrier testing of circuits
- Assist with facilities efforts
- Power and uninterruptable power supply (UPS) restoral
- Water problems,
- Emergency cooling restoration,
- Fire suppression exercises, restoration, and post fire events
- Support inventory management activities
- Receiving inventory
- Tagging of assets
- Tracking spares (crash kits)
- Updating inventory records
- Prepare and return damaged equipment
- Act as an interface, as needed, between associates at the applicable location and centralized project / operations / MAC management
Experience and Education:
- 3-5 years of experience in PC desktop/laptop/network support
- A+, Microsoft Certified preferred
- Must have a basic knowledge of IP Phones, switches and routers
- Must have a basic knowledge of local and wide area networking.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be able to safely lift heavy objects
- Must have basic understanding of cable patching processes and procedures
- Must have basic knowledge of data communications networking.
- Must be willing to learn about IP phones
- Must be willing to learn to program Cisco phones
- Must be willing to learn to install Avaya phones
- Must be willing to learn to troubleshoot Avaya and Cisco phones
- Requires good interpersonal communications skills
- Must be able to explain technical issues in a way the customer will understand an issue
- Must be able to interpret a customer’s issue in a way that will allow technician to facilitate a resolution.
Opusing believes in “Collaborative Effort” to channelize skills & experience of our teams to deliver Multi Dais Business Critical & Innovative IT Solutions & services in a diversity of verticals worldwide.
We are passionate in helping diversified profit & non- profit business groups through delivering “Innovative Solutions” to reach & maximize their business objectives.
Purpose: Provide customers with innovative technology and insightful impacts.
Business: Technology consulting, Product development, Training, Integration, Staff Augmentation & HR Outsourcing.
Value: Deliver high quality customized solution with outstanding support and services.