Medical Sciences Liaison
Hours – 1st Shift (Mon - Fri)
Duration –03 month
Pay Rate - $Open/hour on W2
Location – San Rafael, CA 94901
The PKU (phenylketonuria) Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a regional position supporting the scientific and business interests by cultivating current and future thought leaders in academic and clinical medicine at the local, regional and national level through in-depth, fair-balanced scientific discussions and interactions.
The MSL will support clinical trials through company-sponsored research, the initiation and development of Investigator Research proposals (IRs) and support of registries, safety studies and other clinical programs. These thought leader interactions will complement or supplement the overall PKU product development plan. The MSL must possess in depth knowledge of PKU approved products, agents in the pipeline, and all associated disease state areas. The MSL must possess the capacity to coordinate and manage solo initiatives or partnerships with external partners independently or with a minimum amount of oversight. This position will report into the Associate Director PKU MSL team within the Global Medical Affairs department and work closely with the Commercial and the Clinical Teams.
MSL experience with PKU is strongly preferred and experience in rare diseases/PKU would be highly beneficial. Territory will be focused in the South East. Experience with virtual meetings platforms important.
· Develop and execute PKU scientific plans within their region to meet company-defined goals within corporate and regulatory guidelines for products both marketed and in development
· Visit potential research sites to determine the site’s ability to conduct and accrue within clinical research studies and registries (i.e. patient volume, research experience, methodologies, competing studies)
· Implementation and coordination of external research (Investigator Research) intended to support the clinical and scientific strategy for the PKU team
· Identify and build mutually beneficial long-term relationships with key PKU Centers, investigators and key institutions to address current and future business needs. Support the clinical department by forwarding potential investigators for other BioMarin products in development. Maintain clinical and technical expertise in PKU therapeutic area; review scientific journals, attend scientific and key technical meetings and partner with medical, research and commercial teams
· Conducts and analyzes literature searches to provide clinical insights for North American Medical Affairs
· Demonstrate thorough understanding of both PKU clinical strategies and priorities
· Deliver high quality, scientific and fair-balanced discussions and presentations on BioMarin products to physicians, NPs, dietitians and other key external customers
· Provide medical support of BioMarin products during scientific symposia
· Identify and recommend speakers for BioMarin’s Speaker’s Bureau and Advisory Boards
· Assist in the site level management of the publication plan timelines
· Provide clinical education support for internal customers
· Proactively provides feedback on emerging clinical/competitive trends
· Assure compliance with BioMarin operational guidelines
· At least 2-3 years of MSL experience
· Ability to quickly and easily learn new scientific and technical information as well as ability to interpret key information and translate into educational and research needs
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage a territory
· Project management understanding and experience
· Experience in rare genetic diseases/PKU
· Experience in product launch development and execution
· Experience in product strategy and execution
· Knowledge of regulations impacting Medical Affairs and field activities in the pharmaceutical industry
· MD, PharmD, PhD or equivalent degree preferred, will consider master’s degree or advanced professional certification (e.g. NP) with extensive experience
Opusing believes in “Collaborative Effort” to channelize skills & experience of our teams to deliver Multi Dais Business Critical & Innovative IT Solutions & services in a diversity of verticals worldwide.
We are passionate in helping diversified profit & non- profit business groups through delivering “Innovative Solutions” to reach & maximize their business objectives.
Purpose: Provide customers with innovative technology and insightful impacts.
Business: Technology consulting, Product development, Training, Integration, Staff Augmentation & HR Outsourcing.
Value: Deliver high quality customized solution with outstanding support and services.
Why Work Here?
Platform to learn and self improvement
San Rafael, CA