The Relationship Banking Manager is responsible for the overall administration, management and operational efficiency of an assigned banking office. In this role, the Relationship Banking Manager will drive the business development and sales management activities of the banking office and support the banks strategic initiatives to provide exceptional service and achieve goals and revenue targets.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the banking office to ensure exceptional client experience, performance standards are met, risk mitigation, compliance and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Responsible for attaining banking office goals via active business development and sales management activities.
- Develop and implement business plans and organize marketing activities.
- Acquire, manage and retain meaningful relationships.
- Deliver exceptional client experience and find creative solutions to everyday challenges.
- Effectively partner and refer to internal and external Opus Bank partners.
- Cultivate Centers of Influence/COIs and socialize to promote new ideas, strategies, and or products.
- Manage to FTE guidelines and actively recruit new team members.
- Responsible for team member on-boarding and training as well as measuring the performance of team members. (Training includes but is not limited to bank products, services, processes, policies and procedures.)
- Prepare and implement effective performance evaluations, ensure completion of established goals, and develop actions plans for continuous improvement.
- Champion of change management and facilitator of change to support the banks strategic initiatives and direction.
- Develop non-interest fee income, manage cost of funds, and generate revenue.
- Responsible for adherence to all compliance and security programs, including but not limited to, completion of all required and assigned training modules and certifications by established due dates and deadlines.
- Provide approval for various transactions within the banking office.
- Make recommendations on rate and pricing.
- Actively participate in community affairs and various networking events to increase the banks visibility and enhance new and existing business opportunities.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough understanding of financial services and banking products.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills. Results driven.
- Proven management, sales, service, and marketing skills.
- Thrives in a dynamic environment and has keen sense of urgency.
- Skilled communicator.
- Strong ability to lead and motivate staff.
- Ability to interpret financial data and reports and when necessary recommend appropriate actions.
- Ensures absolute confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of five to ten years banking experience or relevant industry experience and demonstrated ability.
- Three years of banking office management experience.
Opus Bank is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service status, gender, gender identity, registered domestic partner status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. OpusBank also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of OpusBank, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of OpusBank, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Software Powered by iCIMS
Our mission is to offer sophisticated financial solutions that will drive and maximize each client’s business and growth through a consultative, solution-based approach. With an entrepreneurial mindset, we aim to change the conversation of how regional banks get things done.
Opus Bank offers a suite of treasury and cash management and depository solutions, and a wide range of loan products, including commercial, healthcare, media and entertainment, corporate finance, multifamily residential, commercial real estate and structured finance, and is an SBA preferred lender.
Opus Bank offers commercial escrow services and facilitates 1031 Exchange transactions through its Escrow and Exchange divisions.
Additionally, Opus Bank’s wholly-owned subsidiary, PENSCO Trust Company, has approximately $14 billion of custodial IRA assets and approximately 47,000 client accounts, which are comprised of self-directed investors, financial institutions, capital raisers and financial advisors.
* $7.7 Billion in assets as of 3/31/2019