Training classes start soon – apply today!
You’ve heard this all your life. Trust matters. Being trusted matters a lot. Here at OptumRX we’ve earned the trust of more than 65 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyle. Now, we trust that you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our customers and their care providers. You’ll take as many as 50-70 calls per day from members who have questions about their prescriptions and you’ll use your personality and our tools to make each call successful. This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building your career.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Sunday - Saturday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (4:00am-11:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 4805 E Thistle Landing Drive, Suite 100 D, Phoenix, AZ 85044.
- Respond to incoming calls from our customers on issues related to benefit eligibility questions and prescription status inquiries
- Guide and educate callers on their prescription benefits, use of plan, formulary, premiums and status of orders and claims or inquiries
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively while documenting required information in computer systems
- Identify issues and communicate solutions and steps to customers, pharmacies and physicians with prescription orders and reorders
- Make outbound calls to customers on prescription orders and payment issues
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll be called on to research complex issues pertaining to member prescription and/or pharmacy benefits across multiple databases which requires fluency in computer navigation and toggling while confidently and compassionately engaging with the caller.
To learn even more about this position and hear from our other Pharmacy Customer Service Representatives, click here to watch a short video: http://uhg.hr/pharmCSRvideo
- High school diploma or GED OR equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
There are several steps in our hiring process - it’s a thorough process because we want to ensure the best job and culture fit for you and for us. In today’s ultra-competitive job market, the importance of putting your best foot forward is more important than ever. And you can start by completing all required sections of your application. (i.e. profile, history, certifications and application/job questions). Once you submit your resume, you’ll receive an email with next steps. This may include a link for an on-line pre-screening test(s) (or what we call an assessment) that we ask you to complete as part of our selection process. You may also be asked to complete a digital video interview, but we will offer full instructions and tips to help you. After you have completed all of these steps, you can check on the status of your application at any time, but you will also be notified via e-mail.