Imagine being able to get answers to your health plan questions from someone who speaks the same language as you do. Or, the opposite, not being able to get the answers. At UnitedHealth Group, we want our customers to get those answers by speaking to one of our Bilingual Representatives. If you're fluent in English and Mandarin/Cantonese, we can show you how to put all of your skills, your passions and your energy to work in a fast growing environment.
Who says house calls are a thing of the past? At UnitedHealth Group, we’re always looking for new ways to run our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. Here’s an opportunity with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of businesses that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader. Now’s your chance to make a real impact by being an integral part of our progressive house calls program. Join us as we go beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am - 7:30pm Eastern. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 10175 Little Patuxent Parkway, Columbia, MD 21044.
- Call members to schedule in home visits with a Physician or a Nurse Practitioner
- Answer inbound calls from members and assist them with their inquiries
- Ensure that the appointments are scheduled accurately and resolve any scheduling issues or concerns
This is high volume, customer service environment. You’ll need to be efficient, productive and thorough dealing with our members over the phone. You also must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes evening hours.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 1 year of call center and/or sales experience or at least 1 year of experience working in a call center environment
- Experience with MS Word, Excel (create, edit, save documents) and Outlook (email and calendar management)
- Bilingual English and Cantonese/Mandarin
- Experience working in the health care industry
- Experience working with Medicaid or Medicare
- Experience working in a metric-driven work environment
- Experience working in a customer retention focused role
- Experience using an auto dialer system
- Ability to type and talk at the same time while navigating through multiple screens
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA requirements
Ready to answer the call? Take this opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
We want to make health care work better for everyone. This depends on hiring the best and brightest. Explore opportunities today and begin your life’s best workSM.