Senior Quality Engineer - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Information is the lifeblood of the healthcare industry-everything depends on it. At Optum Insight Technology, you'll help us work on streamlining the flow of information between payers, healthcare providers and various other stakeholders to deliver the right insights to the right places at the right times, driving better outcomes for patients, reducing friction in the health system and lowering costs. Every day our work directly impacts the world for the better, in meaningful and profound ways.
We live in a time of unprecedented technical capability and possibility. Health care is at a pivotal point in this journey where even small gains can lead to major transformation. You could be a part of that - you have tremendous skill and the potential to make a lasting impact. Optum Insight Technology is uniquely positioned to bring your skills to bear on these pressing and life-changing technical challenges. The health care industry has an immediate need for your drive, innovation, passion and technical insight. Help us help the millions of people we serve each day.
As a Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring highest possible standards of quality product deployed to production. You will be hands on and involved in the testing of key product initiatives for the Enterprise DatawareHouse application. This position brings and enhances expertise on ETL testing, data model, file formats, string SQL skills. As a Quality Engineer on EDW team, you will be responsible for test planning, test design and execution. This position also communicates constantly with customer and provide test reports and matrices.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Actively participate in walk-through, inspection, reviews, and user group meetings for quality assurance
- Develop test cases and prioritize testing activities
- Execute all the test case and report defects, define severity and priority for each defect
- Carry out regression testing every time when changes are made to the code to fix defects
- Develop in-depth system and application knowledge to provide higher test quality and coverage
- Development and implement automated tests in an BDD/ TestNG approach
- Write and execute automated tests using Selenium, Cucumber, Java, in accordance with enterprise standards and within development and operational guidelines
- Experience implementing quality engineering practices in a CI / CD pipeline or workflows, version control, test management, and integrating automation frameworks
- End-to-end testing of the application (Functional, Integration, Regression etc.)
- Collaborate as part of the scrum team in grooming user stories and development of acceptance criteria for the user stories Share and communicate ideas both verbally and in writing to staff, business sponsors, managers, and technical resources in clear concise language that is appropriate to the target audience
- Document and review test results with project team to validate that all business and technical requirements have been met and will be covered with our testing process
- Ensure compatibility with existing product features and interfaces to other product lines
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years of experience in software testing
- 3+ years of experience working in a backend, database, EDW, or ETL environment
- 3+ years of experience working with SQL or any one RDBMS
- 3+ years of experience in UI, smoke, E2E and integration testing
- 3+ years of test design and experience working with any one Test Management tool
- Health care domain experience (Commercial, Medicaid and Medicare claims data, EDI X12 transactions in the healthcare industry (999, 837, 834, 277) or HL7)
- Experience working with a DevOps team
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment like Jenkins for executing automated tests, application deployment
- Experience working with complex XML/JSON, EDI X12, SQL transactions
- Testing tool knowledge with java, Cucumber (BDD), SOAP UI, Postman, RestAssured, HP ALM, Jira and/or Github
- Knowledge on Automation framework preparation / usage
- Test scenario\Test case design skills and Knowledge of quality standards
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Optum TechnologyReston, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.