Mechanical Engineer R & D
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Mechanical Engineer role provides an opportunity to work with a highly cross-functional group of scientists and engineers to contribute towards next generation products in the field of ophthalmic imaging. The candidate will work on the mechanical and opto-mechanical aspects of the sub-systems design in new product development as well as sustaining engineering projects. Strong verbal and written communications skills are essential, and you are expected to be able to multitask and work effectively at all levels in a fluid environment.
- Design of machined, sheet-metal, die casting and injection molding parts.
- Design of tooling for sub-assemblies and calibration and alignment of the opto-mechanical systems.
- Design of opto-mechanical components to meet performance requirements.
- Work with optical, systems and electrical engineers to define module-level requirement specification, find the engineering solutions, plan, and test against requirements.
- Support designs with hand calculations and analysis, as required.
- Support reliability-related test and design transfer to production team. Attention to details is required to identify potential technical risks.
- Mounting and testing of mechanical modules. Assemble and check fit of design during prototype and pre-release.
- Small mechanism design experience, gears, belts, bearings, motor, and others.
- Use Pro/E Creo and/or SOLIDWORKS and Windchill PLM for design and documentation.
- Working with other engineers and designers, design and detail mechanical systems and assemblies.
- Maintain and document some top-level assemblies throughout the design, and release them to manufacturing process
- Main contributor to any design-for-cost activities
- Understand medical device industry standards and incorporate into testing activities
- Education: BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, MS is a plus or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Strong background in mechanical design, 3-5 years of experience in engineering role is preferred.
- Skills in 3D modeling of sub-systems in new product design. This includes part and assembly modeling, detail drawing, tools design for assembly.
- High level of attention to detail is critical.
- Experience of quick prototyping by working with selected vendors
- Experience in materials selection, materials properties, and surface finishes.
- Experience with reliability-related issues.
- Ability to take on unscheduled or newly scheduled tasks as needed.
- A self-motivated team player who is adaptable and comfortable working in a dynamic, high-paced environment.
- Experience with Windchill or other PLM systems is a plus.
- Experience with medical products is a plus
According to iHealthcareAnalyst, Inc., in an article published in October of 2019, the global market for ophthalmology diagnostic and surgical devices will cross nearly $58 Billion by 2025, mostly driven by a higher prevalence of ocular disease and a global, growing aging population.
For more information, visit www.optovue.com.
Headquarters: Fremont, CA
Year founded: 2003
Company type: Privately Held
OptovueWhy Work Here?
Great medical device company privately held, marketing products and growing !!!
Optovue, Inc. is a pioneer in high-speed optical coherence tomography (OCT) and OCT Angiography (OCTA) technologies. This privately held medical device company is a global leader in the development and commercialization of high-speed OCT and OCT Angiography used to facilitate the diagnosis and management of eye diseases, many of which can lead to permanent blindness. According to iHealthcareAnalyst, Inc., in an article published in October of 2019, the global market for ophthalmology diagnostic and surgical devices will cross nearly $58 Billion by 2025, mostly driven by a higher prevalence of ocular disease and a global, growing aging population. For more information, visit www.optovue.com. Headquarters: Fremont, CA Year founded: 2003 Company type: Privately Held
2800 Bay View FremontFremont, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Optovue