We are seeking a Software Engineer to become an integral part of our team! You will be responsible for creating and modifying computer application software or specialized utility programs used for state of the art autonomous and imaging systems.
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions
- Work with program manager to meet specification needs
- Collaborate with other developers to design and optimize code
- Create flowcharts, diagrams, and user guides for new and existing programs
- Document all programming tasks and procedures
- Perform routine software maintenance
- Minimum B.S. degree in Computer Science (preferred) or Computer Engineering.
- 1-5 years experience in software development for products, preferably related to autonomous systems, computer vision, image enhancement, object detection and recognition.
- Experience writing prototype software as well as production quality codes.
- Comfortable adapting previously existing codes, SDKs, and open source resources into your code base.
- Experience in Windows and/or Linux Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of C++ (preferred), Python, or other object oriented languages.
- Familiar with source control tool such as Git, SVN, Mercurial.
- Deadline and detail-oriented.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities using effective organizational and time-management skills.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- The ideal candidate:
- Has working knowledge of robotics (e.g., autonomy, controls), active / passive sensor technologies (e.g., LIDAR, EO/IR cameras, etc.), and machine learning (e.g., deep learning, neural network, classifiers, etc.).
- Experience with one or more scripting languages such as Python.
- Working experience developing imagine processing algorithms on CPU/GPU.
- You must have, or be eligible to obtain, a Department of Defense Secret clearance. You will be subject to government security investigations and must be able to access classified information. Inability to obtain a security clearance will result in you being ineligible for this position.
- Occasionally required to lift or move weights up to 50 lbs.
- Bonuses based upon performance
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance plans
- Paid Holidays and Personal Time Off
- 401k - 5% company contribution
Opto-Knowledge Systems, Inc,
Why Work Here?Located in Torrance, CA, Opto-Knowledge Systems Inc (OptoKnowledge) develops state-of-the-art systems to solve the world’s toughest problems in imaging, spectroscopy, autonomous systems, electronics, optics, signal acquisition, algorithms for signal and data processing, and more! OptoKnowledge excels in R&D projects where off-the-shelf solutions are unavailable. Benefits: - Bonuses based upon performance - Medical/Dental/Vision insurance plans - Paid Holidays and Personal Time Off - 401k - 5% company contribution
Excellent opportunity for someone who is a self starter, is highly motivated, and can work with minimal supervision.