Job Title: Facility Security Officer (FSO) with RMF experience
Who we are:
Our mission is to protect the security of our nation. Our programs range from environmental to missile defense and push boundaries from deep learning to hypersonics. We have a thirty-year history and a focus on growth.
What we need:
OptoKnowledge needs an FSO with an interest in Industrial Security. The position will take responsibility for implementing, maintaining, and improving security, technical, and administrative controls related to classified, controlled unclassified, and other corporate information systems, facility security systems, and other day-to-day operations.
About the job:
This isn’t a place to hide in a large corporate environment. You will be in the internal spotlight. Everything we touch is controlled by NISPOM, USML, ITAR, the DoD, and other US Government agencies. You will establish new, and maintain/improve existing OPSEC, COMSEC, personnel, industrial, cyber, physical, and information system policies and procedures. Around our deadlines, you’ll be on-call at all hours of the night and on weekends. There will be times when you’re drowning in work. There are complicated risk management frameworks to learn, implement, and administer, related to our classified systems, the CMMC, and other systems. Security is often the opposite of convenience, so you’ll face resistance while you keep Insider Threat and other training up to date with the team.
We’re small now, but we’ve doubled in revenues three years in a row. There’s the opportunity for personal and professional growth while working in an environment where you can make a difference. We will support you in every way possible. We have experts in cybersecurity (and an ISSO and ISSM) to support you, and you’ll answer directly to the COO while briefing the CEO and CFO weekly on all matters security related. We offer educational assistance and an excellent benefits package.
- Perform NISPOM FSO duties, representing our cleared facility and ensuring compliance
- Administer security procedures for classified and controlled unclassified programs
- Develop working relationships with our government partners, including DISS and the contracts security offices
- Study and implement security regulations related to the NISP and CMMC
- Develop, document, monitor compliance with information security programs, including producing, managing, and developing security documentation such as SSPs, POA&Ms, supporting artifacts, and creating RMF packages in eMASS and elsewhere
- New employee INDOC and ongoing counterintelligence, threat awareness, and other training
- Manage, file, and keep up to date all relevant forms, including DD441, DD254, SF312, SF86
- Prepare and submit security reports, audits, and other requirements for DCSA and government customers
- Perform routine security functions; process visit requests, track foreign travel, security incident investigations, badging and access management, responding to alarm calls
You’re a US Citizen with SECRET clearance (required by government contract). Preferably you’re a military or law enforcement veteran (not required). You see yourself one day being the Chief Security Officer of a mid-sized government contractor working in the Defense sector. Right now, you don’t know it all, but you’re hungry to learn as much as you can.
- Must possess and maintain an active SECRET clearance
- Five (5) years’ experience as a Facility Security Officer (FSO)
- Must have CDSE FSO Program Management for Possessing Facilities Certification
- Prefer three (3) years’ experience with industrial or government risk management frameworks
- Experience with NISPOM, NISPOM Supp, DAAPM, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, CMMC, OPSEC, and COMSEC requirements and principles
- Experience with DISS, JPAS, eAPP/e-QIP
- Must be able to interpret the intent of available guidelines and use considerable judgment in applying them to individual situations
- Other relevant certifications are desirable but not necessary, such as the Certified Special Security Officer (CSSO) Certification
And… you’re very organized, and you can demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bonuses based upon performance
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance plans
- Paid Holidays and Personal Time Off
- 401k - 5% company contribution
Opto-Knowledge Systems, Inc,
Why Work Here?Located in Torrance, CA, Opto-Knowledge Systems Inc (OptoKnowledge) develops state-of-the-art systems to solve the world’s toughest problems in imaging, spectroscopy, autonomous systems, electronics, optics, signal acquisition, algorithms for signal and data processing, and more! OptoKnowledge excels in R&D projects where off-the-shelf solutions are unavailable. Benefits: - Bonuses based upon performance - Medical/Dental/Vision insurance plans - Paid Holidays and Personal Time Off - 401k - 5% company contribution
Excellent opportunity for someone who is a self starter, is highly motivated, and can work with minimal supervision.