Production Engineer - Systems for Metrology
Opto-Alignment Technology Orlando, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Production Engineer - Systems for Metrology
Opto Alignment Technology is seeking a talented, enthusiastic, and creative production engineer to join our growing business focused on the development and manufacture of precision measurement systems for lens metrology. The successful candidate will report to the CTO and work with company technicians, systems, electronics, and opto-electro-mechanical engineers to lead all manufacturing, production, and quality control efforts for our metrology line of products. The person we are looking for will be a collaborative leader of multi functional teams with a focus on maximizing efficiencies, documentation control and quality assurance. Our company maintains a “hands-on” work environment in which the candidate may contribute to new procedures, cost efficiency measures, and technological advancements.
• Minimum 5 - 7 years of production management experience responsible for manufacturing of opto-electro-mechanical subassemblies and systems, managing inventories and improving processes.
• Experience with lasers, optics, metrology, precision mechanics and motion control is a plus.
• Maintains accurate training records and uses them to assign work to trained assemblers, as well as, writes work instructions and documentation to support standardized work in the production area.
• Understanding of manufacturing methods used in complex machine assembly.
• Monitors and plans capacity of production group against open jobs and adjusts for variances; and organizes workflow to minimize waste and contain total costs of assembly operations.
• Manage and maintain inventory of production parts, inventory control and quality assurance.
• Experience in manufacturing to ISO9000 standards ensuring superb quality control and assurance.
• Good communication skills, team player, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Mechanical and/or Electrical engineering degree preferred.
• Competence with MS Office modules and prior experience working with ERP systems.
• ISO9001:2015, OSHA and/or Project Management certification
The company is located in Charlotte, North Carolina. We offer competitive compensation packages of health insurance, vacation and PTO, 401K retirement matching plan, Profit Sharing, along with a challenging and stimulating environment.
Opto-Alignment TechnologyWhy Work Here?
Company offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan , medical and dental insurance, paid Holidays, educational
Opto Alignment, located in Charlotte NC, is a leading manufacturer of ultra precision alignment, assembly and inspection optical systems. Our flagship product, the Laser Alignment & Assembly Station (LAS), employs latest generation illumination and vision technologies, along with computer automation, to achieve sub-micron centering precision. For more than 25 years, Opto Alignment is a recognized leader in the field of optical instrumentation where we offer complete solutions for opto-mechanical design, ultra precision machining, system manufacturing and assembly services ranging from the visible to the infrared spectrum.