Business Analyst - Growth Stage Startup - EV/Clean Tech
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Description:Our mission (share it!):
Optiwatt’s mission is to reverse global warming through the advancement of electric vehicle adoption. We make electric vehicle ownership cheaper, simpler, and more impactful by building towards the world’s largest network of connected and intelligent electric vehicles to balance the electric grid. Our investors are some of the most active impact investing firms out there, and we hold ourselves accountable to each other and the future generations of this planet. Do you want to straddle the intersection of technology and purpose on our growth trajectory to 1,000,000 cars and beyond? We hope so.Our culture (thrive in it!):
"We're a small team of genuinely ethical people driven by helping others and our planet. And we love our virtual mini-golf tournaments." - Casey
"I love the people here like a family. We work hard and our meme game is strong. It is a flat, collaborative organization, I pitch directly to the CEO and feel heard, even when it's outside my specialty." - Nina
"We love what we do, which makes it feel more like a fun weekend project than work. And after all the features have been deployed, we disc golf." - Danny
"The culture is fun, full of hope and excitement. The office is always full of jokes and discussion about how we can better ourselves and the electric grid." - BenYour impact (grow it!):
You will be responsible for efficient cross-functional problem solving across marketing, product, analytics, sales, and other divisions alongside a small team of driven staff who are hungry to make an impact on our customers and the planet. You will thrive in touching many areas of the business, aiming to support our goals as you identify a niche that you will ultimately specialize in. You will be curious, looking to deepen your experience across a wide range of tasks and learn at a quick pace. You will interpret financial metrics and user data in collaboration with our software development and business teams to build game changing strategies that will be the difference between 3X and 5X annual growth. You will constantly explore the competitive landscape while brainstorming value-added features or approaches that will stand out from the pack. You will be target-driven and hungry, treating this role as a launchpad for your long-term career goals as you rapidly ascend in title and responsibility. You know you’re a capable rockstar, and this is the place to show it.
Here’s some exciting stuff you'll be working on:
- Conduct market analyses of our product lines and forecast profitability of the business
- Monitor data quality metrics internally and externally with business partners, such as, electric utilities, electric vehicle manufacturers, and third-party energy or data providers
- Work alongside our sales teams to provide necessary analytics that will help us build immensely productive and profitable partnerships
- Guide our marketing efforts with actionable insights on campaign and channel efficacy, through data mining, creative thinking, or past experience
- Build comprehensive dashboards that will guide our business units in their day-to-day activities, crisis response, and long-term strategy
- Survey our user base for sentiment data and guide our product roadmap
- Discover and research additional monetization avenues that Optiwatt is currently undervaluing or unaware of
- Supply our team with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Achieve agreed upon project targets and outcomes within schedule
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends
- Continuously improve through feedback, as an individual, team, and organization
- Represent Optiwatt’s ethics, mission, and values with the highest level of integrity
- Excited to work on any of the following; electric vehicles, the electric grid, technology, climate change reduction
- Proven through work experience as a Business Analyst or in a related field
- Comfortable with a variety of productivity tools, including excellent knowledge of Excel and statistical analysis software such as R or Python
- Analytically focused, making decisions based on data through techniques such as regression analysis, significance testing, perception mapping, conjoint analysis, and more
- Familiar with SQL databases and database querying languages
- Capable of creating and delivering data visualizations with effective communication using Google Data Studio, Amplitude, Tableau, or other tools
- Experienced in operation of A/B testing and analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Google Optimize, Amplitude, Hotjar, or others
- Highly proficient in the English language, capable of writing analytical articles for public release, with experience in CMS using Webflow preferred
- Highly motivated, target driven, with a proven track record of analytical problem solving capabilities to grow yourself within Optiwatt by pulling in work that excites you
- Organized in prioritization, communication, and time management
- Creative, with out-of-the-box thinking during brainstorming sessions for problem identification and resolution
- Comfortable with ambiguity, using problem exploration techniques to define scope, breakdown tasks, and execute with confidence
- Educated, with a minimum of a Bachelor's in business administration, accounting, finance, statistics, math, or an engineering field (exceptions made for deep industry experience or a proven track record of scrappy success). Advanced degrees in business analytics, data science, statistics, finance, or economics are encouraged.
- Graphic design - do you happen to know Adobe Illustrator?
- Mapping - Do you happen to know ArcGIS?
We JUST raised $4.3M dollars from some of the most reputable names in venture capital and impact investing: Google Ventures, Urban Innovation Fund, and Active Impact Investments. We have our sights set on the stars, so if you're interested in growth potential, the sky's the limit here at Optiwatt.
We invest in your growth because we know that even if you aren’t with us forever, empowering you to better tackle climate change helps all of us. The best part of working in the clean technology industry is the enormous collaboration between companies, founders, investors, and yes, even utilities. Everyone is driven by the same goal: reduce global warming and move us towards a truly sustainable future.
We encourage you to step outside of your role and show us what you can do. Ask for opportunity and you will receive it, offer up ideas and you will be heard. We desire to match people with work that excites them the most, and we will support you in your journey to learn and grow to accomplish that goal.
If your resume doesn't quite fit these job requirements, please apply anyway and tell us where you think you could help us! Climate change and grid stability are enormous problems and we would love help from talented people with any background.Shine with us
The salary range for this job is $80,000 to $143,000, plus equity compensation dependent on experience.
Optiwatt is a small startup that offers competitive salaries and benefits to all employees, rivaling the giants of the tech world. Some of these amazing perks include:
- Ability to work fully remote, hybrid, or in-person in San Francisco (Office on Market and Van Ness)
- Flexible work hours, and we mean it. We want you to work when you are most productive, no matter if you are a night owl, early bird, or live in a different US time zone.
- Stock options dependent on experience and salary flexibility
- Year-end employee bonuses
- Healthcare (PPO - Health and Dental)
- Unlimited paid vacation/sick leave, including a mandatory 10 days off per year
- Yearly company retreats to far-away places (we are hitting Lake Tahoe and Ecuador this year!)
- Paid paternity/maternity leave
- Paid career development opportunities (learn a skill!)
- Expensed home office supplies, work travel, team entertainment, etc. as necessary
- Optional participation in monthly virtual gaming half-days (the last winner got an Oculus!)
AddressSan Francisco, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Optiwatt