At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.Job Description
The Incident Management (IR) Consultant is a member of the Enterprise Incident Management team with primary responsibility for responding to security events. The successful candidate must possess an extensive understanding of digital investigations and their underlying principles. Applicable fields of digital investigations include: incident response, computer forensics, network forensics, mobile forensics, e-discovery, malware analysis, memory analysis, and a strong understanding of information security principles. Each investigation requires the EIM consultant to be able to perform all phases of the investigation and remediation, including providing security recommendations that will effectively mitigate vulnerabilities and prevent future attacks.
The successful candidate must perform live incident management activities that include reactive and proactive engagements, identifying and remediating malicious applications and actions that include but are not limited to the following activities:Qualifications
- Two (2) years of experience performing in incident response roles that include containment and isolation, forensics, root cause analysis, and remediation.
- Three (3) years of experience in a consulting services role or a related information security position.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in Information Assurance, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related area of study; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Highly desired certifications include: GIAC Certified Forensics Examiner (GCFE), EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE) Certification (ENCE), Certified Computer Examiner (CCE), and Certified Computer Forensics Examiner (CCFE)
- Ability to combine multiple separate findings to identify complex attacks and incidents
- Ability to identify, describe and report vulnerabilities and standard remediation activities, to include clear demonstration of risk to clients through post-exploitation activities
- Mastery of commercial and open source security tools (e.g. Nessus, Nexpose, SAINT, Qualys, Burp, Nmap, Kali, Metasploit, Meterpreter, Wireshark, Kismet, Aircrack-ng etc.)
- Familiarity with many different network architectures, network services, system types, network devices, development platforms and software suites (e.g. Linux, Windows, OS X, Cisco, Oracle, Active Directory, JBoss, .NET, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to create comprehensive assessment reports
- Must be able to work well with customers and self-manage through difficult situations, focus on client satisfaction.
- Ability to convey complex technical security concepts to technical and non-technical audiences including executives
- Ability to work both independently as well as on teams
- Ability to lead and mentor others; willingness to collaborate and share knowledge with team members.
- Proven ability to review and revise reports written by peers.
- Experienced at writing technical proposals, statements of work, white papers, presentations and project documentation; strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated effective time management skills, ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously and the ability to take on large and complex projects with little or no supervision.
- Motivation to constantly improve processes and methodologies.
- Passion for creating tools and automation to make common tasks more efficient.
- Knowledge of programming and scripting for development of security tools
- Ability to deliver presentations at industry conferences, write blog posts
- Recognition in the security community for speaking preferred
- Published white papers preferred.
- Strong programming skills preferred (Python, Ruby, Node.js, C/C++, Assembly, etc.)
- Reverse engineering/Binary analysis experience (firmware, x86 applications, etc.)
- This position requires the ability to respond onsite in a 24/7/365 environment; must be willing to work evening, overnight, and weekend and holiday hours as needed
- Strong interest in technology and a desire to learn and grow in the Networking/Security/Digital investigations field; skills and knowledge must be kept current
- EnCase, FTK, X-Way, Paraben P2, and/or other experience with similar advanced products
- Demonstrated understanding of networking in any of the following deep packet analysis tools: Wireshark, Network Miner, or NetWitness
- Understanding of threat vectors and related artifacts subsequently left behind and methods of retrieving and interpreting them.
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv as the largest pure-play cyber security provider in North America. We have served more than 12,000 clients of various sizes across multiple industries, we offer an extensive geographic footprint, and have premium partnerships with more than 350 of the leading security product manufacturers.
With Optiv you can expect:
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- Competitive total rewards program
- Professional training opportunities
- Engaging and fun culture
- Opportunity to work with industry leading, talented peers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.