- Full-time, 10- month work year.
- Requires travel to various local sites on a daily basis.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agency’s contracts, or at agency discretion.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1-3, $23.08/hr - $26.78/hr. Initial salary placement, Step 1
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled
- Child Development Teacher Permit
- Three semester units of Administration in Child Development, with a passing grade of “C” or better.
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
- Current certification in Pediatric CPR (yearly), Pediatric First Aid (yearly) and Preventive Health which is acceptable to community Care Licensing (Health and Safety code 1596.866).
- A California Driver’s License, daily use of an automobile, and automobile liability insurance.
- Command of Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese, or Spanish preferred
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
While in the classroom:
- Substitute as needed and directed by the Education Coordinator.*
- Adjust to the schedule and needs of the site where assigned.*
- Be flexible in daily assignments and be ready to change site assignments if necessary.*
- Plan and implement preschool program based on the High/Scope Curriculum.*
- Supervise and interact with children in a positive manner.*
- Develop and maintain learning centers which reflect the interests and needs of the children enrolled in the program.*
- Provide a wide variety of experiences for children with an emphasis on active learning.*
- Provide a well-supervised, safe environment.*
- Read and implement all Agency and programs policies and procedures.*
- Encourage language development and respect for language diversity in the classroom and community.*
- Facilitate monthly site staff meetings.*
- Plan or participate in planning and implementing parent meetings and activities.*
- Actively participate in in-service trainings.
- Use sensitivity and good judgment when interacting with children, parents, and staff.*
- Accomplish other duties as assigned to create and maintain a quality preschool program.*
- Work effectively with other team members.*
- Supervise Associate Teacher and Aide in the classroom.*
- Provide a clean and sanitary facility (inside and out) on a daily basis according to Options center based cleaning checklist.*
- Recruit, train and supervise parents and other volunteers.*
- Promote full enrollment, and participate in recruitment of children as directed.
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely basis, according to agency policies and procedures.*
- Assist the Education Coordinator as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
While in the office:
- Answer phones an accurately take messages.*
- Give program information to inquiring families.*
- Light typing as needed.*
- Accurately file paperwork.*
- Interact with office and teaching staff in a positive manner.*
- Assist the Family Services Supervisor while in the office as directed.*
- Other duties as assigned.
* Denotes essential job functions
- Works under direction of the Education Coordinator.
BENEFITS: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash Out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW