- Part-time, Non-exempt, approximate 9 ½ month work year.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Employment responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the Agency’s contracts, or at Agency discretion.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until a sufficient pool of qualified candidates has been established.
- Three semester units in Child Development or enrolls to take three semester units in Child Development in the following semester and successfully completes the units with a passing grade of “C” or better.
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
- Command of Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese, or Spanish preferred.
- A California Driver’s License, daily use of an automobile and proof of automobile liability insurance.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Implement a preschool program based on High/Scope Curriculum.
- Supervise and interact with children in a positive manner.
- Use sensitivity and good judgment when interacting with children, parents, and staff.
- Provide a wide variety of experiences for children with an emphasis on active learning.
- Encourage language development and respect for language diversity in the classroom and community.
- Accomplish other duties as assigned to create and maintain a quality preschool program.
- Work effectively with other team members.
- Actively participate in in-service training.
- Plan or participate in planning and implementing parent meetings and activities.
- Cooperate with the Site Director/Teacher, Associate Site Director/Teacher and Associate Teacher in supervision, and implementation of the overall program.
- Provide a clean and sanitary facility (inside and out) on a daily basis according to Options center based cleaning checklist.
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.
- Recruit, train and supervise parents and other volunteers.
- Promote full enrollment, and participate in recruitment of children as directed.
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely basis, according to agency policies and procedures.
- Assist the Site Director/Teacher, Associate Site Director/Teacher and Associate Teacher as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works under direction of the Site Director/Teacher and Education Coordinator.
Benefits: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash-out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW