Position SummaryILS Instructors provide support and instruction to participants with intellectual & physical disabilities in the community, home and classroom settings within our Independent Living Skills (ILS) program. Areas of instruction include household maintenance, money management, use of community resources, meal planning and preparation, health and safety, etc.
- High School Diploma, equivalent or GED.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Provide independent living training, support, supervision and instruction to participants in a variety of settings.
- Implement age-appropriate curriculum for participant activities.
- Maintain information in the Program Data Management System.
- Diffuse crisis situations and provide crisis intervention, as necessary.
- Conduct monthly safety drills with participants.
- Maintain the health and safety of program participants.
- Complete all required documentation and reports.
- Complete Individualized Service Plans (ISP).
- Flexible work schedule which may include holidays and/or weekends.
- Available outside of regular work hours for emergency situations.
- Immediate access to a vehicle with working seat belts, valid driver?s license, current auto insurance and acceptable DMV record.
- Ability to travel within and throughout the assigned program area in which services are provided.
- Ability to travel in and throughout the county on a quarterly basis to attend meetings, trainings, etc.
- Successful completion of a drug screen and background check.