Your Home for an Exceptional Career.
With the nation's largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
For nearly 40 years, Option Care has been shaping the home infusion services industry. From industry pioneers to trusted partners, Option Care has emerged as the leading home infusion services provider. Our company has grown over 5,000 strong-a workforce that spans the nation and is united by a common passion for making exceptional healthcare synonymous with home.
Job Description Summary:
The Senior Director, Operations is responsible for delivering safe, efficient and effective patient care through all operational aspects in multiple Option Care branches while meeting all corporate compliance and other established rules and regulations governing the healthcare industry. The role is directly accountable for driving market development and financial performance while providing direct oversight for all operations in multiple branches including pharmacy dispensing and nursing.
- Oversees operational performance of all assigned branches including efficient, effective and high quality delivery of services and patient care.
- Ensures patient safety and satisfaction through all operations including pharmacy dispensing operations and nursing. Ensures error proofing for pick, pack and ship operations.
- Partners with Regional Director, Sales to drive market development and execute market based sales strategy.
- Drives financial performance of all branches through supply chain/inventory optimization, managing controllable expenses, reducing bad debt (claims on hold) and accurate patient registration and onboarding.
- Ensures compliance with local and federal regulations, accreditation standards and corporate policies to drive effectiveness and consistency in operations.
- Builds a cohesive, service-oriented team through recruitment, training and development, engagement and retention of qualified team members. Maintains a work environment in which staff will succeed and grow in their professional development and contribute to the overall success of Option Care.
- Manage multiple locations or a single location with combined revenue over $$40 million dollars.
- Consistently models behaviors that build our culture around the Option Care Core Values of Compassionate Care, Engaged Teams and Quality Results.
- Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Option Care data.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
(Hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.)
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree and 8 years of experience in a position leading operations.
- At least 3 years of experience managing a P&L including budget development.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience evaluating information to determine compliance with standards, laws, and regulations.
- Basic level skill in Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- At least 5 years of experience directly managing people including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work; experience in leading team efforts within highly matrixed organizations.
Willing to travel at least 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Preferred Qualifications & Interests (PQIs):
- Master's Degree in Healthcare of Business Administration
- Experience leading multi-site sales and/or operations in Home Health Care or Infusion.
- RN or RPh licensure
Option Care subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Option Care is a leading provider of home and alternate treatment site infusion services. With a staff of more than 1,700 clinical experts - including specially trained infusion nurses, infusion pharmacists and registered dietitians - Option Care treats patients with a wide range of acute and chronic conditions. Comprehensive therapy management programs are offered for patients with nutrition disorders, bleeding disorders and heart failure, as well as those needing immunoglobulin (IG) therapy and anti-infective therapy. Option Care is able to provide services to 92% of the nation's population through more than 90 infusion pharmacies and 100 alternate treatment sites across the country.