We are seeking a Specialty Pharmacy Technician to became a part of our team! This person will be required to have good communication skills and a strong interest in a call center setting. Daily activities include working within an integrated, high-functioning healthcare team to process specialty prescriptions in an efficient manner while demonstrating excellent customer service.
- Retrieve prescription orders and call patients for initial information for processing.
- Call physician office to clarify orders and/or initiate prior authorizations
- Call insurance company for plan coverage and processing assistance.
- Process prescriptions using computer software
- Discuss pricing and prescription coverage with patients
- Learn self pay prescription discount plans, processing, and discuss with patients
- Learn about specialty medications, storage requirements, and proper administration supplies
- One year of experience in pharmacy or other related fields
- experience with specialty processing and insurance validation
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Verbal and communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Organizational skills
Why Work Here?We own 15 specialty pharmacies nationwide and continue to acquire quickly. Two year old company.
National company and can grow into managing mergers and acquisitions.