Specialty Certified Pharmacy Technician
Optio Rx Chicago, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life_insurance, medical, vision
We are seeking a Specialty Pharmacy Technician to became a part of our team! This person will be required to have good communication skills and a strong interest in a call center setting. Daily activities include working within an integrated, high-functioning healthcare team to process specialty prescriptions in an efficient manner while demonstrating excellent customer service.
- Retrieve prescription orders and call patients for initial information for processing.
- Call physician office to clarify orders and/or initiate prior authorizations
- Call insurance company for plan coverage and processing assistance.
- Process prescriptions using computer software
- Discuss pricing and prescription coverage with patients
- Learn self pay prescription discount plans, processing, and discuss with patients
- Learn about specialty medications, storage requirements, and proper administration supplies
- One year of experience in pharmacy or other related fields
- experience with specialty processing and insurance validation
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Verbal and communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Organizational skills
Optio RxWhy Work Here?
National company and can grow into managing mergers and acquisitions.
We own 15 specialty pharmacies nationwide and continue to acquire quickly. Two year old company.
1919 N Clybourn Ave Chicago IL 60614Chicago, IL