Call Center Agent
Optimus Health Care is a Federally Qualified Health Center with sites operating in Bridgeport, Stamford, and Stratford, CT. We are the largest provider of primary health services in Fairfield County, proudly serving all patients regardless of their income, race, or insurance status.
We are currently recruiting for a CALL CENTER AGENTS in our Bridgeport, CT Locations.
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in Optimus’ Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-outstanding, patient-centered, trustworthy, integrity, multicultural, understanding, and supportive - help guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Facilitates and maintains the flow and volume of telephone calls that Optimus receives on a daily basis. Provide friendly and prompt customer service with a professional attitude to ensure patient satisfaction. Assist with patient care by dispersing calls to the appropriate staff or parties. Telephone Operators are responsible for facilitating a smooth communication throughout the company by working closely with Front Office and Clinical staff. The Call Center agent must demonstrate the ability to multi-task and handle a multi-line phone system.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSBILITIES
Responsible for answering the volume of telephone calls on a daily basis. Ensure that telephones are answered with courtesy and professionalism at all times.
- Provide professionalism and telephone etiquette to all customers.
- Ensure that telephones are answered within three rings, utilizing proper phone etiquette.
- Ensure to follow site guidelines when making appointments.
- When placing a phone call on hold return to caller within 30-60 seconds.
- Review patient account to ensure patients are due for Physical or Vaccinations.
- Provide general physician paging services as required.
- Ensure that tasks for providers and clinical staff on patient and pharmacy requests are accurate.
- Assist with patient recall and call back lists when necessary.
- Review EPIC appointment schedules.
- Schedule appointments for patients when necessary and follow the PCMH methodology.
- Remind patients of payments that are due at time of service.
- Ensure that all call center specific tasks and phone messages are all completed accurately by the end of the day.
- Schedule and Reschedule patients when necessary.
- Assists in reporting telephone equipment or service complaints and problems
- Maintain log of emergency calls, such as complaints, bomb threats and security calls.
- Meet with Call Center Coordinator regarding daily guidelines.
- Perform other duties as required assigned by Call Center Coordinator.
Responsible for participating in various committees to improve the overall performance of the health center.
Optimus receives their accreditation according to Joint Commission standards. Joint Commission standards address the organization’s level of performance in key functional areas, such as patient rights, patient treatment, medication safety, and infection control. The standard focuses on setting expectations for an organization’s actual performance and for assessing its ability to provide safe, high-quality care.
These are the measures and guidelines for front office staff:
- Patient Identifiers (Patient Identification, Date of Birth, Social Security)
- Extended Information Questions
- Patient Safety
- Advance Directive
- Emergency Codes
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: At least three years’ experience with multi-line phone system, preferably in a health care setting. Familiarity with tele-medicine and prior experience a plus
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Bi-lingual Spanish/English helpful
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to use calculator
REASONING ABILITY: Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
Optimus Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Optimus Health Care, Inc.Bridgeport, CT
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.