CDL Class A Driver OTR - Family Owned Company
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The over the road (OTR) truck driver is a CDL-qualified position responsible for the transportation of freight. At Optimized Transport you’ll be part of a small team, working directly with the owner of the company who is also a driver. We are looking for experienced and safe drivers that will take good care of our equipment and be easy to work with.
Don’t be just a number at another carrier, we actually take your preferences and home-time seriously. OTR trucking is hard work, we can’t promise to make it easy, but we will do everything we can to keep it simple and as comfortable as possible for our drivers. By working with us, you will be a valued and respected member of our team.
Your dispatcher has decades of experience behind the wheel with several million miles, so you won't be dispatched by a desk jockey that doesn't know what you are dealing with on the road.
Our equipment is newer model year automatic Cascadias. Each truck comes with a fridge, microwave, smart TV, and a cell phone with an unlimited streaming data plan. We provide basic tools, as well as a one-time $250 truck supply allowance.
Choose how you work! When you start with us, you’re given a preference sheet to fill out. This includes preferred shift schedules of 8/2, 15/3, or 20/5 on how many days you spend out before home time. Alternatively, you could be out on the road longer stretches at a time if you desire.
Key holidays that you want to be home for, and special events will also be strictly honored as well.
This is a W-2 position, with no lease or weird clauses.
Performance and Experience Requirements:
- Recent 2 Years Class A Combination Experience
- 1 Year OTR
- Must have a current DOT medical card
- 6 Months Reefer Experience Preferred
- Maintain safe operation and comply with all FMCSA rules and regulations
- Must pass a background check and DOT pre-employment drug screen
- Average more than 10,000 miles per month
- You will have to pass a road test evaluation and training of 1-2 days
- Works well with others
Essential Job Functions:
May include but are not limited to the ability to:
- Understand axle weight distribution and adjust accordingly
- Knowledge of weight and road restrictions pertaining to tractor/trailer combinations and heavy equipment
- Plan routes, monitor road conditions, and prepare for delays if necessary
- Complete paperwork accurately and promptly
- Secures required customer signatures on all shipping documents
- Ensure contents are properly secured to prevent damage/injury using straps and load bars
- Maintain electronic logs in accordance with FMCSA/DOT Rules & Regulations
- Conducts daily Driver Vehicle Inspections required by FMCSA/DOT
- Work closely with coworkers, managers, customers, and crews; keeping a professional and safe environment for all
- Maintain accurate reporting of all expenses and receipts associated with the day to day use of company credit cards and fuels cards
- Performs minor repairs and preventative maintenance to transport equipment to ensure vehicle is in safe operating condition and ready for next-day business to include fueling and pre-loading whenever possible
- Inspects all freight and equipment for damage at time of pick up, documenting findings, and submit damage information to Management as necessary
- Maintain necessary licenses and medical certifications
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to read, understand, and follow instructions
- Mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity
- Patience, good judgement, attention to detail
- Physical Demands:
- Vision/Sight: Able to detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, estimate, focus, and assess surroundings.
- Stand, walk, and use hands/fingers to handle or feel: To operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, and position equipment, tools, etc.
- Sit: Ability to sit while driving/traveling to work locations.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl: Ability to position oneself and to move freely.
- Talk and Hear: Ability to communicate, detect, converse with others, discern, convey, express oneself, and exchange information.
- 25% of truck gross revenue (after fuel, tolls and per diem)
- We take the total truck gross revenue, then subtract off the top: fuel expense, tolls, and what we have already paid you for your per diem). Then pay you 25% of the remaining balance. You can expect to average between $1,500 to $2,500 per week, with no upper limit.
- Per diem paid at $66/per night you are away from home
- We pay detention regardless of shipper requirements or limitations. You are paid $25/hr after the first two hours of an on-time appointment arrival or a daily layover rate.
- Breakdown pay when away from home
- $150 bonus for any clean DOT inspection
Optimized Transport LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $1,500.00 - $2,500.00 per week
- Breakdown pay
- Detention pay
- Layover pay
- Safety bonus
Trucking Driver Type:
- Company driver
AddressFort Worth, TX
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Optimized Transport