Job Title: Project/Program Manager 4
Location: Bismarck, ND 58502
Duration: 16+ Months
- As a part of the project management office (PMO), work for this role involves the application of project management principles, methodologies, standards, and best practices in leading and managing all phases of information technology projects.
- Role is responsible for performing project management duties on large, complex projects for clients using established best practices, tools and guidelines.
- Duties include project planning, executing, monitoring, reporting; and also, the coordination of people, processes and technologies as needed to deliver on-time and on-budget project results.
- Projects may range in structure from traditional/waterfall, to various agile/hybrid frameworks.
- Effective communication skills and ability to build and maintain solid working relationships with staff, agency executives, legislators, consultants, and other stakeholders is essential for project success.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Providing leadership to project teams
- Facilitating meetings (e.g., status update, planning, brainstorming, requirements gathering).
- Developing, updating, and publishing project plans (e.g., communication plan, risk plan, project governance plan).
- Developing, updating, and publishing project schedules (primarily using MS Project).
- Maintaining and utilizing team and document collaboration tools (e.g., SharePoint, Skype).
- Assisting in the development of project goals, objectives, milestones, and functional/feature requirements of technology solutions.
- Creating cost and time estimates with the help of the project team members.
- Facilitating project procurements.
- Contract negotiations.
- Identifying and obtaining resources for the project.
- Identifying and resolving project conflicts.
- Conducting project risk analysis activities.
- Identifying and managing project issues.
- Owning the project change management process.
- Assuring appropriate project documentation is utilized.
- Ensuring project deliverables are defined, and delivered.
- Monitoring deadlines and costs of projects.
- Communicating status of the project to stakeholders and immediate supervisors.
- Arranging meetings for the project team.
- Coordinating the efforts of internal project staff, customers and vendors.
- Participating in initiatives to improve PMO processes.
- A bachelor's degree with a major in computer science, computer or management information systems, project management, business administration, or a closely related field.
- 6+ years of current and progressive related project management work experience that involved business process analysis, project plan development, group facilitation, and management of staff/resources.