Title: Physician Assistant
Duration: 4 months (17 weeks)
Location: Washington, DC
Shifts – all personnel should expect at a maximum to work three twelve-hour shifts per week for the entire engagement.
All personnel will report to the designated supervisor or manager at the site for their assignment during engagement.
a. Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (CRNP) or Physician Assistant (PA) active, current and unrestricted license in any US State.
b. At least 1-year experience as a CRNP or PA.
c. Within past 2 years, must have experience working with adults as CRNP/PA.
d. Basic Life Support experience and training.
1. Function as a mid-level health care practitioner, administering and overseeing a variety of assignments related to the provisions of primary and inpatient health care services for patients.
2. Provide health care services as independently licensed professionals working within their legally defined scope of practices.
3. Accepts referrals of patients from nursing staff, other health care professionals, and administrative staff.
4. Initiates as appropriate assessment of patient's health status, ranging from focused to comprehensive, depending upon the settings (e.g. emergency, structured screening, scheduled visit).
5. Obtains patients' health history from interviews of patients and others, and from review of pertinent health records.
6. Perform physical examinations.
7. Orders pertinent diagnostic tests and procedures.
8. Performs diagnostic tests and procedures and therapeutic procedures, within the scope of practice.
9. Perform medical procedures including incisions and drainage, wound care, debridement, and suturing of lacerations, and application and removal of casts and traction devices.
10. Collection of specimens for blood, urine, stool analysis and cultures.
11. Interoperates health information and establishes diagnosis with the accumulated data.
12. Orders necessary medication and other therapeutic equipment/supplies within the scope of practice.
13. Evaluates and informs patients regarding the nature of illness and progress of evaluation of treatment.
14. Educate patients regarding health promotion and disease prevention.
15. Maintain records and reports and enter information into health records.
16. Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, be organized and have excellent verbal and communication skills.
17. Must be able to perform duties in a stressful and high-paced environment without physical limitations.
18. Ability to adapt to sudden changes and flexibility in work requirements to include potential shift changes based on operational needs and/or command priorities.
Optimize Manpower Solutions, Inc. is responsible for carrying out the recruitment process and is a service provider for 22nd Century Technologies.
22nd Century Technologies is a business enterprise that supports demanding staffing programs for Corporations and State and Local Government Agencies. Its journey began in 1997 by supporting large Federal contracts which nudged us in the direction of creating large candidate pools across the country. Over the last 20 years, we have built a strong business model that is carefully constructed to deliver on multiple facets. We have proven past performance of providing services that exceed our clients' expectations. Today 22nd Century technologies supports clients in all 50 states and has grown to be a company that is trusted and sought for providing a complex mix of workforce solutions. With a firm grip on the entire spectrum of staffing solutions, we have placed more than 500,000 skilled resources and delivered 15 million+ man-hours.
“22nd Century Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer" and “US Citizens & all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply."
Optimize Manpower Solutions, Inc. is proud to service TSCTI recruitment needs with Our Global Delivery model with 110 recruiters, data miners and research analysts working across multiple time zones is backed by an internal database of 2.4 million resources across all major industries. Check us out at http://ompsol.com