Location: Richland, Washington
Start Date: Immediately
Primary Job Function
The Client is in need of general service support.
Skills / Requirements
Contractor personnel shall possess the following minimum qualifications:
• Three years of relevant experience
- Such as paralegal work or other legal support work
• An Associate Degree in a relevant field of study (bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Such as study in law
• No conflict of interest in dealing with any Hanford Site contractors.
• Full range of administrative support capabilities, including excellent writing skills; ability to format legal and other documents in Word; ability to prepare and draft reports and compilations in Excel
• Experience with Washington administrative law, including the Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals and Pollution Control Hearings Board (preferred)
• Paralegal certification (preferred)
• U.S. citizenship.
• Perform the duties of a paralegal, including:
- Conducting legal research using Lexis, as well as in public legal document systems and Hanford data bases, such as the Integrated Database Management System (IDMS);
- Drafting legal documents, such as correspondence, litigation holds, litigation reports, and pleadings, using correct grammar, punctuation, and legal terminology;
- Reviewing litigation correspondence and orders to help ensure all actions are timely completed, including deadlines imposed by courts, rules, laws, and regulations and assisting in managing case schedules and witness lists; and,
- Assisting with litigation holds and managing discovery matters, including locating, tracking and controlling documents.
- Maintain DOE’s contractor litigation oversight files, correspondence, and pleadings in IDMS.
- Assist attorneys in moving information from their working computers into IDMS.
- Transition older OCC hardcopy files into IDMS.
- Update and maintain existing paper copy OCC files until a complete transition to electronic files is completed.
- Assist attorneys with retiring record copy files.
- Prepare various forms, documents, reports and letters.
- Provide information and analysis of information in a variety of spreadsheets, timelines, or other formats.
- Assist with requests for production of legal documents
- Assist with document review and analysis required by the Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act.
- Answer OCC phone lines.
- Maintain current inventory of all items in legal library, verifying subscriptions for renewal each year.
- Update and maintain OCC office files in IDMS.
- Transition OCC hard copy files into IDMS.
- Assist with drafting, maintaining, and updating desk procedures.
22nd Century Technologies is a business enterprise that supports demanding staffing programs for Corporations and State and Local Government Agencies. Its journey began in 1997 by supporting large Federal contracts which nudged us in the direction of creating large candidate pools across the country. Over the last 20 years, we have built a strong business model that is carefully constructed to deliver on multiple facets. We have proven past performance of providing services that exceed our clients' expectations. Today 22nd Century technologies supports clients in all 50 states and has grown to be a company that is trusted and sought for providing a complex mix of workforce solutions. With a firm grip on the entire spectrum of staffing solutions, we have placed more than 500,000 skilled resources and delivered 15 million+ man-hours.
“22nd Century Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer" and “US Citizens & all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply."
Optimize Manpower Solutions, Inc. is proud to service TSCTI recruitment needs with Our Global Delivery model with 110 recruiters, data miners and research analysts working across multiple time zones is backed by an internal database of 2.4 million resources across all major industries. Check us out at http://ompsol.com