Job Title: HR Assistant
Location: Phoenix, AZ 85007
Duration: 6 Months
- This position performs a variety of complex Human Resources tasks including research, special projects, conducts studies, confers with Managers and Supervisors, coordinates management activities, exercises discretion and Independent judgment within policies and procedures.
- This position exists to provide support to the client Staffing Unit in the hiring of all department classifications.
- This position is responsible for preparation and maintenance of all personnel related files including Employee and Position files (PAT Forms, New Hire forms, MAPs, PDs etc.) as well as file purging and archiving.
- This position will be the backup to the Personnel Analyst 2.
- This position sorts, copies and distributes approved classification actions and provides additional office support by conducting, background, and reference checks.
- This position answers and screens incoming phone calls and determines appropriate action and/or referral and serves as a lead in the Customer Service and Reception area.
- This position is responsible for copying and faxing all personnel related paperwork/documents prior to forwarding to its next designation.
- This position orders and maintains the office supplies and the office equipment for the work unit, maintains telephone directory and organization charts for HR services.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Compiles vacancies reports and prepares/submits requisitions through Talent Acquisition to fill these vacancies.
- Assists in the coordination of interview panels and prepares interview packets.
- Contacts each applicant either by phone or via email to schedule interviews, prepares interview rosters based on applicants preferred work location.
- Greets applicants and escorts to interview room.
- Conducts/completes background, CPS checks and reference checks on all potential hires.
- Reviews personnel files which may require travel to other state agencies personnel offices, contacts references provided by the applicants.
- Participates on interview panels.
- Participates in Job Fairs, coordinates with client staffing when appropriate to advertise vacancies on recruiting websites for recruitment purposes.
- Informs job applicants of details such as duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions, or promotion opportunities.
- Contacts job applicants to inform them of the status of their applications.
- Once applicant is selected, prepares offer letters for supervisor review and signature, emails out accordingly.
- Prepares and emails notification letters to unsuccessful candidates.
- Provides guidance and counsel to Personnel Liaisons and candidates.
- Participates in the 2 day new employee orientation on a bi-weekly basis, prepares new hire packets and ensures forms are up to date, completes I-9 E-Verify process with new hires, explains all new hire forms, client policies, and benefit options.
- Reviews all new hire forms required by the new hire to ensure completeness, i.e. tax forms, signature of acknowledgment on policies, etc.
- Attends all personnel related training/workshops conducted within the division, attends all outside training/workshops pertinent to these duties.
- Compile vacancy reports & prepare/submit requisitions through Talent Acquisition to fill the vacancies.
- Assist in the coordination of interview panels & prepare interview packets.
- Acts as statewide proxy for electronic time cards for the Office of the Director HR
- Composes correspondence and statewide emails
- Manages and tracks assignments
- Prepare agendas in advance
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have knowledge using Microsoft Office products: such as: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc. and Visio, Share Point, creating fillable forms, etc.