Job Title: DLA Paralegal
Location: Seattle, WA 98104
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Consistent with DLA's protocols, contract (including physician, clinical education, clinical research, services agreements, and supply chain purchase agreements) drafting and review.
- Monitors and manages all aspects of complex projects including transactions, investigations, and litigation.
- Assist with corporate filings (Secretary of State, Certificate of Good Standing, UCC, foreign qualification process, obtaining EINs, revisions to corporate governing documents, obtaining fictitious business names, etc.).
- Draft and manage various DLA forms and policies.
- Assisting lawyers in preparing documentation for a variety of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and financings.
- Preparing or drafting due diligence request lists, document data rooms, form agreements, and closing binders.
- Provide support in the area of real estate contracting, transactions and related matters.
- Refine issues such that the attorney can focus her/his attention on providing legal advice and counsel to clients.
- Request needed documentation and information from clients to ensure that the attorney has all necessary information/material prior to beginning their work/analysis/review.
- Assist attorney in tracking ongoing matters and prioritizing the same.
- Field calls from the client when requested by the DLA attorney (or when said attorney is not available).
- Communicate directly and through correspondence with high level internal and external customers.
- Develop, prepare and/or assemble necessary materials for meetings and presentations.
- Compose, edit and proofread variety of correspondence, memos, presentations and materials and directly handle within the assigned scope of authority, knowledge and understanding of activity.
- Complete legal research as requested by attorney, including Internet and other forms of computerized research.
- Bachelor's degree
- A paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved paralegal program, or a certificate from a paralegal program at, or a degree from, an accredited secondary institution which requires at least 24 semester units in law-related courses.
- 7 years paralegal experience with corporate law practice or experience in a law practice
- Experience working with a contract management system and drafting simple contracts from templates.
- Experience with organizing and maintaining record retention and other filing systems Healthcare Paralegal experience.
- Familiar with and able to independently utilize eCounsel/Mfiles, Selectica, Meditract and other contract and document management systems used by DLA. When requested, reviewing existing DLA documents/database to determine if preexisting analysis or other work product is available to address a current legal request.
- Ability to work independently with minimum direction.
- Strong communication, organization, and writing skills.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and determine the urgency and importance of tasks and employ open and direct communication and teamwork to complete the tasks.
- Ability to work with others and to work in a team approach for specified projects.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in performance of duties, including contract drafting.
- High level of computer aptitude.
- Proficient in Word and database creation and management.
- Skillful in Internet and other on-line information services and retrieval, including Westlaw.
- General understanding/exposure to health care industry.
Optimize Manpower Solutions, Inc. is responsible for carrying out the recruitment process and is a service provider for 22nd Century Technologies.
22nd Century Technologies is a business enterprise that supports demanding staffing programs for Corporations and State and Local Government Agencies. Its journey began in 1997 by supporting large Federal contracts which nudged us in the direction of creating large candidate pools across the country. Over the last 20 years, we have built a strong business model that is carefully constructed to deliver on multiple facets. We have proven past performance of providing services that exceed our clients' expectations. Today 22nd Century technologies supports clients in all 50 states and has grown to be a company that is trusted and sought for providing a complex mix of workforce solutions. With a firm grip on the entire spectrum of staffing solutions, we have placed more than 500,000 skilled resources and delivered 15 million+ man-hours.
“22nd Century Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer" and “US Citizens & all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply."
Optimize Manpower Solutions, Inc. is proud to service TSCTI recruitment needs with Our Global Delivery model with 110 recruiters, data miners and research analysts working across multiple time zones is backed by an internal database of 2.4 million resources across all major industries. Check us out at http://ompsol.com