Payroll Staff Accountant
- Expired: October 15, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Location: Plymouth, MI
Compensation: Salary with Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation, PTO, 401K, Etc.,)
Reports to CEO or Controller
Payroll Staff Accountant
We are seeking Payroll Staff Accountant with minimum of 3-4 years in Manufacturing industry. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. An ideal candidate is responsive, thoughtful, self-directed, positive, and seeking a challenging role.
Optimal-EV is into the commercial EV sector with industry-leading performance, features, comfort, and durability. We integrate the best components through world class partnerships. Optimal-EV is the market leader in design, engineering and manufacturing of zero-emission electric low-floor shuttle buses and related mobility solutions. The Optimal-EV advantage ensures your zero-emission commercial, or shuttle bus fleets exceed expectations and deliver an unparalleled experience for companies, transit agencies, and passengers alike.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries sector of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Payroll responsibilities include collecting timesheets, New Hire Entries, utilizing 3rd party payroll system (Dominion Systems), preparing, and processing employee payments, and maintaining accurate payroll records. Full cycle Payroll.
- Assist Auditor with IRS Annual 401(k) Audit Fee Disclosures, Plan Documents, Non-discriminating Testing & Form 5500
- Knowledge on payroll liabilities of federal and state income and social security taxes and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Banking: Monitor and reconcile bank transactions daily. Enter ACH activity and bank charges. Inform CEO of any unidentified transactions
- Monthly bank reconciliations.
- Monthly Line of Credit reporting preparation.
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintain and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions, resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Process all the company's financial statements and bank reporting.
- At the end of each month, a trial balance is run to verify that general ledger accounts are in balance and review accounts to be sure entries are accurate, recorded as required by GAAP on a timely basis.
- Prepare and entry all journal entries as required for pre-paid expenses, assets, accrual of liabilities, payroll and benefits, and other journal entries as needed.
- Maintain financial reports, records, and general ledgers; prepare and analyze budgets; and perform general bookkeeping.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required.
- 3-4 years of relevant experience in accounting and payroll.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- 3+ years of experience with QuickBooks.
- ERP (NetSuite) experience is a plus
- Detail oriented with results-driven problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced proactive environment.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Optimal Inc.
Get fresh Payroll Staff Accountant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.