Optimal Home Care Inc. is a thriving and growing company that has served over 34,000 patients since 2004.
We are committed to providing the best possible experience for our patients, their families, and our staff. We offer astounding benefits including:
- Competitive benefits package
- 401K plan
- Gym membership
- Company phone
- Professional, yet comfortable family-based culture
We are a cutting edge, value driven agency that is looking to add skilled and passionate individuals to our team. Thank you for considering Optimal Home Care Inc. for you career aspirations.
The Medical Social Worker is a -qualified professional person who provides social case work and prepares social histories for patients and family receiving Nursing or other services from the agency and who have problems in social functioning as it relates to their health and well-being.
Tasks/Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complies with ethical and professional standards of conducts as set forth by the National Association of Social Workers.
- Practices and maintains patient safety and dignity by abiding by Federal, State, Local and Optimal policy & procedures as pertains to patient protected health information and HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act).
- Provides rehabilitative and supportive casework with the purpose of restoring patients to their optimum level of social and health adjustment. This includes assisting patients and their families to understand, accept and adhere to medical regimens.
- Assist patients and their families with personal and environmental difficulties which predispose them to illness and interfere with their obtaining maximum benefits from medical care.
- Prepares a social history and Plan of Care with the purpose of improving the scope and quality of existing services or extending services. When indicated, assists in the development of the Physician's Plan of Care.
- Assist patient and family to utilize existing resources in the home environment or refer patient and family to community agencies and act as an intermediary for the patient as necessary.
- Graduate with a Master’s Degree from an accredited school of social work.
- One (1) year of social work experience in a health care setting.
- Must be currently licensed and in good standing in the state of Colorado.
- Must be able to communicate in the language of the client and document client related activity as appropriate.
- Possesses adequate and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess adequate and effective interpersonal skills.