Office Assistant III-Department of Transportation
Optimal Defense Solutions is seeking an Office Assistant to assist, The Oahu District, Highways Division, Department of Transportation (DOT) with clerical support services. The services provided and duties performed will consist of but are not limited to: sorting, filing, retrieving, duplicating, mailing, posting and processing paper and electronic data and records; counting, tallying , compiling , verifying and/or correcting information, providing information and assistance to others about services available and/or applicable policies and procedures; assisting customers with access to services, screening calls and visitors; scheduling meetings; ordering and maintaining office supplies and equipment; preparing a variety of documents using word processing, spreadsheet and other office equipment and technologies; supervising and performing other clerical activities in support of the day-to-day operations of a work unit.
- Creates, edits. prints, stores. retrieves and deletes documents us ng a computer and word processing and other software, in draft or final form, from rough or corrected copy where format and arrangement are not clearly indicated.
- Prepares, reviews and processes forms, records, reports, applications and other documents for accuracy, completion and conformance to established requirements.
- Checks records and forms such as applications, permits, requisitions, vouchers and other materials for completeness and accuracy evaluates the information contained therein for conformance with established requirements; and processes documents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Searches through a variety of paper and electronic files and records, extracts, compiles and summarizes information and prepares periodic and special reports.
- Composes routine correspondence and letters of acknowledgement.
- Sets up and maintains paper and electron c files and revises filing systems as necessary.
- Provides general information and resolves complaints in person or over the telephone involving explanation of rules, regulations, policies and procedures and knowledge of the organization's purpose and functions.
- Determines the need for and/or makes routine orders for necessary supplies, materials or other items.
- Makes arrangements for travel, equipment maintenance, telephone service, and other similar matters.
- Education: Shall have at minimum a high school diploma or equivalent; TWO (2) years of college preferred.
- Experience: Must have prior knowledge of and experience with operating and maintaining common office appliances and equipment; ONE (1) year of work experience involving customer service required.
- Background in administrative support, clerical, front desk operations, general office duties or equivalent preferred
- Shall possess the ability to compose routine correspondence and other similar material.
- Must have demonstrated ability to adhere to professional standards, ethical behavior, and professional business attitude.
- Must be able to understand, interpret and apply pertinent policies, procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- Must demonstrate strong attention to detail and good writing skills to respond to email inquiries as designated.
- Must exhibit a pleasant and friendly approach and have excellent verbal communication skills to service customers.
- Must be able to read and comprehend oral and written instructions.
- Must have the ability to compare words and numbers quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to perform arithmetic computations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Service orientation
- Critical thinking
- Active listening
- Efficient and accurate
- Customer Focus
- Customer Service
- Data Entry Skills
- Phone Skills
- Building Relationships
- People Skills
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Problem Solving
- Correct English grammar, spelling, punctuation, word usage and arithmetic
- Keyboarding/Computer Skill Requirement: Must be able to type 40 net words per minute.
Work Week and Hours
Monday through Friday, 7:45 to 4:30 work schedule.
Place and Period of Performance
- Location: The Oahu District, Highways Division, Department of Transportation (DOT), located at 727 Kakoi Street, Honolulu, Hawaii 96819.