Optimal Defense Solutions is looking for experienced Customer Service Representatives to assist the Office of Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) in the City and County of Honolulu in performing activities related to the HawaiiPay Payroll project and transition to operations support. Customer service representatives are anticipated to provide support of the Hawaii Information Portal (HIP) Service Center, which primarily involves resolving customer issues by offering solutions, explanations and options.
- Provides customers' information about products or services and obtains details of complaints (if any).
- Ensures full customer satisfaction and maintains a friendly, helpful demeanor.
- Identifies and prioritizes problems and confirms identity of caller by verifying key confidential personal information referenced is secure system.
- Maintains close contact with customer to give updates on progress toward resolution of issue or service request.
- Evaluates change request and determines requirements and desired outcomes by working with customers.
- Refers unresolved customer issues to designated departments for further investigation.
- Processes applications, releases, cancellations, adjustments, changes, requests, fees, invoices and other related paperwork.
- Keeps records of customer interactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
- Answers inquiries by clarifying desired information; researching, locating, and providing information.
- Resolves problems by clarifying issues; researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions, implementing solutions, and escalating unresolved problems.
- Fulfills requests by clarifying desired information, completing transactions, forwarding requests.
- Log issues and problem resolution in online service ticketing system. Maintain data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
- Maintains call center database by entering case details and required customer information.
- Keeps equipment operational by following established procedures and reporting malfunctions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Shares information across customer service center representatives and provides knowledge transfer to business operations.
- Services and enhances organization by accepting ownership for accommodating and servicing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Verifies entered data in service ticketing system by reviewing, correcting, re-entering data, combine data, purge files to eliminate duplication of data.
- Education: Shall have at minimum a high school diploma or equivalent; TWO (2) years of college preferred.
- Experience: Must have prior knowledge of and experience with inputting data into systems and databases; ONE (1) year of work experience involving customer service required.
- Background in accounting, bookkeeping, payroll processing, human resources, system transactions or equivalent preferred
- Shall possess Web access knowledge and Internet search/browsing skills.
- Must have demonstrated ability to adhere to professional standards, ethical behavior, and professional business attitude.
- Must exercise discretion in handling sensitive or confidential information.
- Must demonstrate strong attention to detail and good writing skills for case entries and to respond to email inquiries as designated.
- Must exhibit a pleasant and friendly approach and have excellent verbal communication skills to service callers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Service orientation
- Critical thinking
- Active listening
- Efficient and accurate
- Customer Focus
- Customer Service
- Data Entry Skills
- Phone Skills
- Building Relationships
- People Skills
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Problem Solving